Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2017, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have medium size hands and use the large grip only, but the 300mm practically lives on my KP.

11-03-2017, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
If anyone would care to share a series of pics showing their med or large grips attached, from down above and other angles, that would be swell
11-03-2017, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The medium grip arrived from Japan, much better for my fingers than the small one.
The price 4500 Yen.This is not just a piece of plastic but nevertheless it should come free with the camera.
The medium gives you similar feel as K-s1.
I might get the large one as well that should feel more closer to K-1.
11-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
The medium grip arrived from Japan, much better for my fingers than the small one.
The price 4500 Yen.This is not just a piece of plastic but nevertheless it should come free with the camera.
The medium gives you similar feel as K-s1.
I might get the large one as well that should feel more closer to K-1.
Pics or it didn't happen

11-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK, a few quick ones
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-04-2017, 10:23 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

some more
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
some more
Fantastic pics! Thanks mate. That's not the XS 40mm is it? It looks real nice but, how you finding the 40mm 2.8? Liking it? I'm really on the look out for a rare silver XS 40mm 2.8, they do exist!

11-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I've used all three grips and find the largest by far the most comfortable. The smallest grip is okay provided I use light lenses and hold the camera with the tips of my fingers, like I hold my Olympus E-M5ii, rather than gripping with the full hand. I find the medium grip least comfortable, is it's not good for either finger or full hand grip.

Incidentally, the KP battery grip comes with the largest grip, so if you don't have the largest grip, that's one way to acquire it.

Last edited by northcoastgreg; 11-05-2017 at 07:05 PM.
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
I've used all three grips and find the largest by far the most uncomfortable. The smallest grip is okay provided I use light lenses and hold the camera with the tips of my fingers, like I hold my Olympus E-M5ii, rather than gripping with the full hand. I find the medium grip least comfortable, is it's not good for either finger or full hand grip.

Incidentally, the KP battery grip comes with the largest grip, so if you don't have the largest grip, that's one way to acquire it.
Good to know, ta!
11-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I've used all three grips and find the largest by far the most uncomfortable. The smallest grip is okay provided I use light lenses and hold the camera with the tips of my fingers, like I hold my Olympus E-M5ii, rather than gripping with the full hand. I find the medium grip least comfortable, is it's not good for either finger or full hand grip.

Which grip do you find the most comfortable? Looks like you mentioned both medium and large as uncomfortable.
11-05-2017, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Which grip do you find the most comfortable? Looks like you mentioned both medium and large as uncomfortable.
Actually, I miswrote. I find the largest grip most comfortable. But the smallest is usable provided you don't try to grip the camera as you would with the largest grip. With the smallest grip, you have to grip the camera with two center fingers curled against the grip, and your thumb secured in the thumb rest. You can't grip the camera as you might with the largest grip, with your palm against the side of the camera.
11-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Actually, I miswrote. I find the largest grip most comfortable. But the smallest is usable provided you don't try to grip the camera as you would with the largest grip. With the smallest grip, you have to grip the camera with two center fingers curled against the grip, and your thumb secured in the thumb rest. You can't grip the camera as you might with the largest grip, with your palm against the side of the camera.

Thanks for clarifying!
11-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Fantastic pics! Thanks mate. That's not the XS 40mm is it? It looks real nice but, how you finding the 40mm 2.8? Liking it? I'm really on the look out for a rare silver XS 40mm 2.8, they do exist!
I like DA 40 2.8 very much, works great with K-1 and crop sensors.
I just placed black XS 40 2.8 with the square black hood on KP, might take more photos tonight.
11-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I like DA 40 2.8 very much, works great with K-1 and crop sensors.
I just placed black XS 40 2.8 with the square black hood on KP, might take more photos tonight.
I would love to see some pics of that set up!
11-06-2017, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #30

Coming from the K-X the grip design felt strange.
Started with the medium one, then changed to the small one.
It took a while to get use too , but now every other dslr feels big and uncomfortable.
I love the compactness of the KP. (Among other things )
In the European union all grips are provided .