Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2017, 10:19 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Got my KP back from repair

Got my KP back and it's in record time for any Pentax or Nikon i have ever had to send in.

Repair order "LC03 changed" . I don't have a KP schematic but i am more than a little curious what and where that part is in the camera.
I hoard knowledge.

There is no longer any overlayed noise in the images and the rest looks the same. I'm pleased and to know there is a repair shop in Canada, however Pentax needs to update it's pentax.ca website to keep people in the loop.

Adendum: Apparently LC03 is a power connector which makes sense but silly none the less. However not really surprised by it these days.

Decided to keep the KP for a while as a backup since my other rentals time has run out.

Pentax, now would be a good time to show that K-3 mark iii.

Last edited by solitudebound; 11-29-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updating again.
11-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome.

My guess is it's better in Canada because Sun Photo hired 2 of the 6 Pentax repair techs when they took over the contract for warranty repairs. They actually have a couple of guys familiar with everything Pentax. I still miss chatting up the lady Pentax employed as a receptionist at the front desk, but you can't have everything.