Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spare KP Battery?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Where should I go to get a spare KP battery? If purchasing abroad do they ship batteries to Australia? Is there something about the battery needs to be in a device to be shipped and accepted into Oz?

EDIT: These look ok? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Replacement-Battery-D-Li109-DLI109-1150mah-fo...AAAOSwbYZXgHtN

Cheers,

Bruce

11-06-2017, 11:31 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Where should I go to get a spare KP battery? If purchasing abroad do they ship batteries to Australia? Is there something about the battery needs to be in a device to be shipped and accepted into Oz?

EDIT: These look ok? 2 x Replacement Battery D-Li109 DLI109 1150mah for Pentax K30 K500 K70 K-R K-S2 | eBay

Cheers,

Bruce
You can try to add one to your cart at B&H, however I believe batteries can only be shipped via air mail if they are included with the recommended camera.

CRK does carry the battery:
Pentax D-LI109 Lithium Ion Battery for K-r | C.R.Kennedy Photo and Imaging

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can try to add one to your cart at B&H, however I believe batteries can only be shipped via air mail if they are included with the recommended camera.

CRK does carry the battery:
Pentax D-LI109 Lithium Ion Battery for K-r | C.R.Kennedy Photo and Imaging
Looks like those two non branded ones for $26 is a better deal tho. I mean even if they perform worse (which seems to be a bit of a contentious issue), even if I were to buy 2 of those (ie have 4 in total), that's still significantly cheaper and my money is on 4 non branded lasting longer overal than 1 official Pentax branded.

Curious how many of us here use non branded batts as well, and what they're experience is...
11-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Looks like those two non branded ones for $26 is a better deal tho. I mean even if they perform worse (which seems to be a bit of a contentious issue), even if I were to buy 2 of those (ie have 4 in total), that's still significantly cheaper and my money is on 4 non branded lasting longer overal than 1 official Pentax branded.

Curious how many of us here use non branded batts as well, and what they're experience is...
With third-party batteries it's always "you get what you pay for". But there are some brands that are not that far removed from the OEM battery. You're right, even if you get half or 3/4 the battery life, you're already getting your money's worth.

I'd be a bit more cautious with the D-Li109 though, because even the OEM version has a much lower capacity than the D-Li 90, so don't get caught off guard with only one battery in the field.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have found Betterbatt ok, no problems, I have one for my K-3/K-5, but not as good long lasting as Pentax batteries

Pentax KP Battery

I recommend sending CRK an email regarding replacement battery for the KP and go Pentax brand instead.
Actually Adam has a link above for CRK

Last edited by beachgardener; 11-07-2017 at 12:34 AM.
11-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Might be different in Australia- but B&H carries the Watson brand. I got a couple of extras because of the OEM price difference, for my KP and K-S2, and got a couple of D-Li 90's for my K-5 IIs and the KP battery grip. So far I've not noticed a big difference, but then I have not timed them to find out. With the lower-capacity smaller KP battery, I think it bast to start with 3 fully charged, one in-camera. Then when that runs low and you replace it, put the low one into the charger ASAP, but in the meantime you still have a full one in-camera plus a full spare. They are indeed very small, taking up very little carrying space.
11-07-2017, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The issue with some 3rd party batteries is (or once was) voltage accuracy. Cameras can be sensitive to inaccurate or spiky voltage, especially when the battery is nearly depleted.

11-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Some 3rd party batteries are very good. Patona is one of those brands. For example, their D-LI90 battery selection now includes standard and premium series with different capacities. Their premium Fuji battery lasts longer than Fuji original battery for X-Tx(x) cameras. I just ran into a brickwall though, I cannot order any of those Pentax Patona batteries as no supplier will ship them to Finland. Pentax original batteries cost about 90 euros a piece be it D-LI90 or D-LI109. What a robbery...Dunno why shipping them is so hard, Amazon shipped Patona's Fuji batteries to Finland but not Pentax D-LI90 model.
11-27-2017, 01:34 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As beachgardener says Betterbatt stcck KP batteries.
I haven't tried one (won't have a KP in hand until 25 December) but I have bought a number of replacement batteries for Dell laptops and they are good to work with and their batteries are very good.
Free delivery for two products (even if one of the products is an ink cartridge costing less than the postage would have been!!

Pentax KP Battery Replacement
11-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
As beachgardener says Betterbatt stcck KP batteries.
I haven't tried one (won't have a KP in hand until 25 December) but I have bought a number of replacement batteries for Dell laptops and they are good to work with and their batteries are very good.
Free delivery for two products (even if one of the products is an ink cartridge costing less than the postage would have been!!

Pentax KP Battery Replacement
Thanks for that. It looks like the eBay seller has let me down for some extra K-1 batteries so I may have to go elsewhere, I need them in a hurry as well, hopefully this bunch do K-1 batts as well. This is the second (Aussie) eBay battery seller to take my funds and not deliver (ie not even post out and i have to go through a refund process or they refund me straight away because they don't actually have what they advertised... )
11-27-2017, 03:41 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bruce, for less than $46 for 2 you can hardly go wrong, can you?!
And as I said, as a seller they are the goods!
11-27-2017, 04:18 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Bruce, for less than $46 for 2 you can hardly go wrong, can you?!
And as I said, as a seller they are the goods!
Good to know. I just heard back from the eBay seller, he indeed posted them, has tracking, but its not scanned as of yet, he's chasing it up. I managed to get 3x K-1 batteries for $30 as I also had a eBay code/voucher to burn. But if this turns out to be a runaround I'll just get them from this guy quickly as I need them by the 10th Dec.
11-27-2017, 04:26 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if funds permit I like pentax brand, but as funds are tight at present i'm getting another betterbat, they last a good time in camera, no complaints, and they won't rip you off.