Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2017, 07:27 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote
This reminds me of a terrible nightmare I once had that involved preheating a conventional oven, and a cat.

Have always opened any oven ever since before hitting a switch of any kind.
Yep, Bob, if you ever find yourself in front of the TV stroking a frozen turkey in your lap - immediately check that oven!

Last edited by clackers; 11-22-2017 at 07:54 PM.
11-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes good things come out of adversity. I have both the K-5 and K-5 IIs, both bought after the K-3 came out at half price. I acquired the silver KP about 6 months ago and it has become my most reached-for body. Just be sure to set your sharpening to "F" for Fine sharpening in the custom image menu. It is a beautiful camera, has some very neat features, and image quality is outstanding!

Last edited by mikesbike; 11-26-2017 at 12:41 AM.
11-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OMGGGGG!! What a disaster! "What's the worst that could happen?", lol
Welcome, and congrats on acquiring a great new camera!
11-28-2017, 12:47 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
mmm...Kentucky Fried K-mount.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Why does it sound like the worst idea ever to use the microwave like a safe ?
I know of certain people who work for agencies that don't allow them to turn off their phones/pagers. To deal with this: they put the devices in a microwave, apparently it acts like a Faraday cage and cuts off transmissions.

11-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
it acts like a Faraday cage and cuts off transmissions
And if you turn on the microwave oven it leaks enough microwave radiation to jam a wi-fi connection even if the phone is only in the near vicinity. All I have to do to disrupt my wife's Facetime with our kids is heat up a cup of coffee in the microwave. Almost all cellular frequencies have longer wavelengths than a microwave oven, so they shouldn't be able to penetrate inside the oven, suggesting that putting a cell phone inside a microwave oven will be just as effective as putting it inside a copper lined pouch (which you can purchase on Amazon, of course). Of course, turning the oven on while a phone is inside should produce a little light show with smoke effects, but requires frequent replacement of the cooked phone.
12-01-2017, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #21
Bui
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ahh, a bit hurt seeing that image.

Beware, the KP, even though a great camera, and nice upgrade to the K5, is sill not MR (Microwave Resistance) ;-)
12-01-2017, 06:15 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bui Quote
Ahh, a bit hurt seeing that image.

Beware, the KP, even though a great camera, and nice upgrade to the K5, is sill not MR (Microwave Resistance) ;-)
LOL, thanks, i'll keep that in mind

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
01-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh my goodness... at least the insurance company was willing to pay out. I hope the deductible didn't take away too much of their money