Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I love the original K-30 agressive line... it was ahead of its time in my opinion...

02-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does the housing hold both flash and GPS?
02-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #18
Pentaxian

In any case, such a tunning must tell something about the dynamics of that beast.
02-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I kind of hope they do the exchangeable grip again on the replacement for the K-3 II.
Not me its a total waste of usable space for the larger battery and it would have to have the goofy vertical wheel on the front. The K-3/K-3II replacement needs at least the battery capacity of the first K-3 not less. IMHO.

Larry

02-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well yeah, having the bigger battery would be more important to me as well, if that's what it takes.
02-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice design!
02-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The side of the grip (where it meets the side of the camera, picture 2 in Mistral's post) is a butcher's job... I could do better by a mile with one file, 100- and 600-grit sandpaper, blindfolded and with an arm tied behind my back...

02-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
Kind of reminds me of the Habbelsad...
02-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well yeah, having the bigger battery would be more important to me as well, if that's what it takes.
Well that's what it will take, do you have a K-3/K-3II? It carries the same battery as the K-1. In my opinion good ergonomics should be considered well before a trendy looking grip.

Larry
02-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shoot with a K-5 II, which also uses that same battery. I wouldn't want to go to the battery used by the KP or something similar.

Held a K-1 in stores a couple of times and didn't like the ergo's vs. my K-5 II, battery not withstanding.
02-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
I love the original K-30 agressive line... it was ahead of its time in my opinion...
Yeah that's why Pentax brought out the K-50 so soon after the K-30. Basically the same camera with a different body.

Larry

---------- Post added 02-19-18 at 04:28 PM ----------

I shoot with a K-5 II, which also uses that same battery. I wouldn't want to go to the battery used by the KP or something similar.

Held a K-1 in stores a couple of times and didn't like the ergo's vs. my K-5 II, battery not withstanding.
Have you ever thought about having to use the front E-dial on the KP vs the front E-dial on the K-5 series. From what I see you would have to change your hold on the camera to rotate the KP E-dial plus reach back with your finger to press the shutter button which would be awkward to say the least. As it stands now its a quick transition from the front E-dial to the shutter button never having to actually lift your finger only slide it back slightly to trip the shutter.

Larry
02-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The whole lot.
Holding on yo the polished grip would be kind of iffy, there is no upper area on the grip that would make it easy to facilitate holding with one hand since the top area of the grip tapers back
02-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Yeah that's why Pentax brought out the K-50 so soon after the K-30. Basically the same camera with a different body.

Larry

Have you ever thought about having to use the front E-dial on the KP vs the front E-dial on the K-5 series. From what I see you would have to change your hold on the camera to rotate the KP E-dial plus reach back with your finger to press the shutter button which would be awkward to say the least. As it stands now its a quick transition from the front E-dial to the shutter button never having to actually lift your finger only slide it back slightly to trip the shutter.

Larry
Just because I don't like the K-1 button layout (and shrunken LCD screen on the top plate) doesn't mean I didn't also do an about face when I saw the KP's setup.

I don't handle a lot of different cameras. K-5 layout, I like, and the K-3's looks good. After that, well, just have to see what Ricoh serves up next.
02-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Agree, seems to be a showcase for possible modifications.
I like the shutter button, less the flash/prism housing. Is later an indication that it isn't homemade?

---------- Post added 02-19-2018 at 04:25 PM ----------

@JPT, thanks, okay, an “inhouse“ modification.
It doesn't have 'KP' lettering on it - maybe this is a prototype of something else.
02-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote

Larry

Larry
I like the KP front E-Dial. I don’t have any problems at all using it. I do have problems with the rear AF button, which seems placed precisely where my thumb doesn’t want to go.

K-1 ergonomics, OTOH, are nearly perfect for me. Really it couldn’t be better. I’ve never looked at the top LCD on any camera I’ve owned back to K10D. Don’t understand its function at all. To each his own.

Paul