Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2018, 03:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
strange little air lcd area in my new KP

Hello everybody,

Today I notice strange thing in corner of my LCD.which looks like when you applied screen protector,
but you fail to stick it right, and have air in it.

--
Since the camera is new, never damaged by me, and it also have no scratch in this area,
which could be pointed out like customer damage with punch,
I supposed it must be manufactor failure.
--
I have an idea that maybe it's screen protect there, and which I cannot see, similar to some Sony phones in the past I bought. They came with protectors on screen right from factory,
and I could not recognise it, until the salesman told me that.
--

I tried to very carefully press that tiny area with soft plastic, just to see, will be any difference in view, because pressure can squeeze out the air,
but it seems it don't have any affect, and I would not tried anymore, cause I don't want any damage caused by me.

--
Also I can see some kind of missing some glued black area around the screen, behind the "air area" like missing material in LCD backgrond layer . That could explaine this tiny air .

--
Before I would go in repair center, what do you think what is it ?
Thanks !

06-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PICTURE IS HERE

strange litle "air" area in new pentax KP screen - Album on Imgur

Last edited by panonski; 06-03-2018 at 01:05 PM.
06-04-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, I have been today in service center and it's confirmed, I'm not in dillusion. LCD have litlle, but still visible area, and it came like that from factory ... I just wasn't sure is it something that could spread wider then that, and I was want to be dead positive the service confirmed it's not caused by me.

We order a new screen, and everything is free for me. ..

thread can be closed
06-08-2018, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I saw on you other post that you seem to be liking this camera. So good luck you will enjoy It!