Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 04:46 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barada Quote
What kind of magic have you used?
No flash or live view and minimal chimping.
edit: this is with the D-LI90 not the D-LI190 battery.

08-17-2018, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
No flash or live view and minimal chimping.
edit: this is with the D-LI90 not the D-LI190 battery.
Chimping eats batteries. I try not to. I use the OVF and forgot KP has a flash.

I have NEVER run down a D-LI90 in one day in any of the 4 cameras I’ve owned that use them; and I’ve NEVER had a full-day session with a KP where I didn’t need to change the D-LI109 battery. Thankfully I carry the extra battery that came with a semi-broken K-S1 I bought for $75.

That being said, changing KP batteries has not cost me any meaningful. photo opportunities.
08-18-2018, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

I don't have an issue with carrying extra batteries or changing them with the KP. However, I have had the camera run out of juice on me several times. It's not a problem of the battery. It's an issue that if you decide (to, say, conserve battery power) to keep the status screen off, there's no quick and easy way to check battery status. So often I have no idea that the battery is low. I wish there was a warning beep or something to let me know that it's time to change the battery.
08-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
I don't have an issue with carrying extra batteries or changing them with the KP. However, I have had the camera run out of juice on me several times. It's not a problem of the battery. It's an issue that if you decide (to, say, conserve battery power) to keep the status screen off, there's no quick and easy way to check battery status. So often I have no idea that the battery is low. I wish there was a warning beep or something to let me know that it's time to change the battery.
That would be a nice software add, may be much for firmware but another choice in the sound menu for 10% of battery giving three long beeps or something.

11-24-2018, 12:12 PM   #50

Photos: Gallery
Can the D-BH109 AA battery holder used in KP as in K30 or in Kr?
11-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yo-yo Quote
Can the D-BH109 AA battery holder used in KP as in K30 or in Kr?
No it cannot due to the smaller profile on the KP body. My Kr is even a little bit chunkier than my KP. The body is much thinner in the battery area.
11-24-2018, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Which brand? the usual Eneloops?
No, regular consumer batteries, with names like "Duracell" and "Energizer"

11-30-2018, 11:25 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

If I had to travel somewhere cold my solution would probably be a external power bank rated for cold weather with a long usb cable in my bag. Keeps the bank even warmer to keep you moving, without having the added bulk of the grip on your camera.
03-17-2019, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Today, I have excesive photo shooting in tae-kwon-doe - kids competion, and I took with me KP, and 70-300 mm old Zoom with AF.

--
With display off - all the time -

and
without checking the pics in play mode, almost nothing - just here and there - to be sure what I'm doing -

-
CAMERA WAS IN HIGH BURST MODE ALL THE TIME, - and it was turning off - every time I wasn't shooting. *Picture recording only L file size
--
/ *TECHNIQUE WAS TO SHOOT - SHORT BURSTS - WHEN KICKS WERE FLYIN IN THE AIR. /

---------

--

I hit the new record here. I don't know exact number of shoots, because on the begining I have another but almost dead empty battery, which was gone - after maybe 50 clicks.
--
RESULT

1750- OR APROXIMATELY ~1700 shoots from one battery !!!

~

Last edited by panonski; 03-17-2019 at 12:56 PM.