Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #46
Veteran Member

It might drop a little after the K-3 II replacement arrives, but not by a lot. The replacement is bound to come in around $1,400 USD. The KP at B&H right now is under $900. Not only that, you can get it at that price with a memory card and camera bag thrown in! That kit in silver/black is $897. If you want black, you can get it for $870. The way I do things, I get what I want, never mind the $27. I think B&H ran it that way because their black ones are overstocked right now.

I got both of my KP bodies, one over a year ago and one earlier this year, on temporary deals that were not much more than the lowest price right now. One deal included the DA 50mm f/1.8 free, which made it very attractive. I do not regret not waiting to save whatever little money I would have saved, or will have saved. I got good deals for the quality and uniqueness of the item. And I have been enjoying myself with it for many months in the meantime- which to me is worth the negligible cost saving.

Last edited by mikesbike; 07-04-2018 at 04:09 PM.
07-05-2018, 10:16 AM - 4 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oooohhh…..The Big Brown Truck just left my house !
Amazon Prime is Fast !
KP sits on table looking at me while Im eating waffles......lol.
07-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Amazon Prime is Fast !
I hope the KP serves you well, it looks like a really nice camera. Now you need to share some photos.
07-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Amazon Prime is Fast !
Is it saying "How can you possibly eat waffles with me sitting here?"

07-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
It might drop a little after the K-3 II replacement arrives, but not by a lot.
I think how much it drops will vary directly with how far in the future the advent of the K3III is. If it's a year or more from now, and there are more used KPs available as people sell them to finance K3IIIs, the new ones might drop a bit more, at least in the U.S. A.
07-05-2018, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote
Is it saying "How can you possibly eat waffles with me sitting here?"
Nope....not the Waffles ! It was the fact I picked up a Mint K-R yesterday for $45 and was playing with that instead.....lol.
All is not lost.....Batteries are charging......
07-05-2018, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

I bought my wife a K-x for $549 CAD with the white 18-55. It seems to be a price point Pentax has completely abandoned. I've given up on the K=P. I'm waiting for the K-70 to go bargain basement. Right now $839 Canadian is the best I can do. It has some stuff the K-x didn't. the tilt screen and the accelerator chip, and those are big things. But, I still like price around $700, which is still going to be $800 with tax. The K-P is becoming rapidly fading dream.

The but the 11 point AF is a downer. Once you have 27, 11 seems so old fashioned.

Last edited by normhead; 07-06-2018 at 07:53 AM.
07-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nope....not the Waffles ! It was the fact I picked up a Mint K-R yesterday for $45 and was playing with that instead.....lol.
All is not lost.....Batteries are charging......
cba is nearly as bad as lba. But not quite as bad since there's a more limited selection of cameras.
07-05-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
cba is nearly as bad as lba. But not quite as bad since there's a more limited selection of cameras.
The K-R was a deal I just simply couldn't pass up. If nothing else I will pass it on to someone else at a small profit.
And besides I now have extra batteries and charger for the KP !

---------- Post added 07-05-18 at 14:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I bought my wife a K-x for $549 CAD with the white 18-55. It seems to be a price point Pentax has completely abandoned. I've given up on the K=P. I'm waiting for the K-70 to go bargain basement. Right now $839 Canadian is the best I can do. It has some stuff the K-x didn't. the tilt screen and the accelerator chip, and those are big things. But, I still like price around $700, which is still going to be $9800 with tax. The K-P is becoming rapidly fading dream.

The but the 11 point AF is a downer. Once you have 27, 11 seems so old fashioned.
It sure makes me appreciate just how far Pentax has come in a few short years. Just think.....the K-R was considered modern and cutting edge just a few years back. Still its capable of nice images with its measly 12MP sensor and lowly 12 bit processing.....lol.
Once in a Lifetime Colorado River Raft trip coming up this fall for 12 days......Im NOT taking my K-1 or KP. Beater K-3II and K-R will be going.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 07-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.
07-05-2018, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

Congrats on your new KP! Just be sure to implement Fine Sharpening in the Custom Image menus, and I think you will find images, even coming right out of the camera, surprisingly fine! In-camera processing is exceptional, and even more so with all the possible adjustments available. Pentax has done a great job with this model. You will probably love yours as I do mine.
07-05-2018, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Congrats on your new KP! Just be sure to implement Fine Sharpening in the Custom Image menus, and I think you will find images, even coming right out of the camera, surprisingly fine! In-camera processing is exceptional, and even more so with all the possible adjustments available. Pentax has done a great job with this model. You will probably love yours as I do mine.
I borrowed one of HelenJo's (3...Yes 3....not a typo) KP's for nearly two months while she was on a World Cruise and I was Dog sitting.....Yes , I really like it ! In fact I like it so much that I have vivid dreams of just selling my K-1 and buying a second one !
She's gonna Kill me for saying that about her having 3 of them......lol
07-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I bought my wife a K-x for $549 CAD with the white 18-55. It seems to be a price point Pentax has completely abandoned. I've given up on the K=P. I'm waiting for the K-70 to go bargain basement. Right now $839 Canadian is the best I can do. It has some stuff the K-x didn't. the tilt screen and the accelerator chip, and those are big things. But, I still like price around $700, which is still going to be $9800 with tax. The K-P is becoming rapidly fading dream.

Amazon.ca currently has the K70 for $739.97 with free shipping (which should come to $836.16 with tax), and Camera Canada's Amazon store is offering the same price + $12.60 shipping. Henry's is offering $749 (special order).

If my K-50 develops the aperture issue, I might be interested. I think I'd probably permanently partner the K50 with a 55-300 PLM and maybe get a K70 or KP if the price is right. I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.
07-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote
Amazon.ca currently has the K70 for $739.97 with free shipping (which should come to $836.16 with tax), and Camera Canada's Amazon store is offering the same price + $12.60 shipping. Henry's is offering $749 (special order).

If my K-50 develops the aperture issue, I might be interested. I think I'd probably permanently partner the K50 with a 55-300 PLM and maybe get a K70 or KP if the price is right. I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.
Actually Amazon has the K-70 for $594 shipped.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GHVIU70/ref=psdc_3017941_rv_t3_B01N5RH90B?tag=pentaxforums-20&
07-05-2018, 04:02 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's in the US. Normhead and I are in Ontario Canada. $594 US would be $780.14 CDN even without international fees and taxes (we'd have to pay the 13% HST) Thanks though.
07-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lol.….I will have to Read that !
HelenJo was supposed to be back nearly a Month ago......a short email says "change of Itinerary" and a month later...…...Nothing ?
Her Dog now hates me , and the camera has 5400 clicks...….lol.
At some point I might have to claim this KP by Default......But I want a NEW Camera....not a loaner with 5400 clicks !

BTW......She has 4 of them now.....lol !
Thats' bloody funny.

Why does the dog hate you?