Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote
(Apologies to the OP for drifting way off topic)
I'm not sure what you mean, but according to the CRA website, the province in which the goods are delivered is the province whose tax is collected and remitted by the seller.

Overview of charging and collecting sales tax - Canada Business Network

Charging sales tax to out-of-province/territory customers and to foreign customers

If you are a vendor in one province or territory and you make sales to residents of another province or territory, what sales taxes do you charge them? When you sell and ship or deliver taxable goods and services to out-of-province/territory customers, the sales tax that applies in your customer's province or territory is generally applicable.
Thank you, eyrr, for the useful information about Canadian sales taxes. If I understand the Canada Business site, an item purchased from a vendor in Alberta and sent to a customer in the U.S. does not require payment of any of the sales taxes (PST, GST, etc.). Good to know!

---------- Post added 08-19-18 at 10:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
And I got a deal like that on august 1st at Amazon Canada $805 CDN or $630 USD, the deal is gone now
WOW! That price would put me in the market.

08-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Any KP deal lately?
08-20-2018, 03:46 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IT's a good thing I did not see that deal. It would have been impossible to resist.
08-21-2018, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #79

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a couple of weeks until marching band season really ramps up and I really am having a hard time justifying, 1.) not upgrading my K20 to the KP (along with a 55-300mm lens); and 2.) spending money! LOL. The more I look at old pics the more I desire to upgrade but I am saving toward a new car in a few months and I'm so close. Ugh!!! I only have two more years until my kiddo graduates so I could totally justify the time with a new camera and lens. Decisions!

08-22-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
I have a couple of weeks until marching band season really ramps up and I really am having a hard time justifying, 1.) not upgrading my K20 to the KP (along with a 55-300mm lens); and 2.) spending money! LOL. The more I look at old pics the more I desire to upgrade but I am saving toward a new car in a few months and I'm so close. Ugh!!! I only have two more years until my kiddo graduates so I could totally justify the time with a new camera and lens. Decisions!
Just some thoughts - cars are available now, next year and in 2020. Unless your car is in danger of leaving you at the side of the road, you might consider driving through the next increasingly unpredictable Midwest winter and buying new at the end of the model year. What is one more winter and even one or two more years when you are talking about photographic memories of your child? Our last three cars have been purchased in May, June and October from the end of the model year stock. The savings depend on the brand and model, but dealers are anxious to get rid of current model inventory in summer and into fall. ON THE OTHER HAND, a camera is not as essential as a car....

Good luck with your decision.
08-22-2018, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Difficult Choice Quote
Just some thoughts - cars are available now, next year and in 2020. Unless your car is in danger of leaving you at the side of the road, you might consider driving through the next increasingly unpredictable Midwest winter and buying new at the end of the model year. What is one more winter and even one or two more years when you are talking about photographic memories of your child? Our last three cars have been purchased in May, June and October from the end of the model year stock. The savings depend on the brand and model, but dealers are anxious to get rid of current model inventory in summer and into fall. ON THE OTHER HAND, a camera is not as essential as a car....

Good luck with your decision.
Yes, thanks for the advice. I was hoping to buy in October (my car is in great shape but is 16 years old, gets me there and I still love it). But a new and more capable camera will get me through the next two years and I will be more "inspired" to capture these last years of having her "home" with us.
08-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Maybe black friday will bring some deals. Also I expect some cash back for holiday season

08-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Maybe black friday will bring some deals. Also I expect some cash back for holiday season
Unless Pentax comes out with a new model for Apsc I wouldn't be expecting much of anything. We need a new K-3III or whatever replaces the K-3II.
08-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In Australia, we don't normally do well on Pentax specials, HOWEVER!, in May I got a KP for $1175 (down from about $1400) and CR Kennedy, the local distributor have just had another special at $990.
10-08-2018, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been pricing watching for 2 months now, missed the Amazon daily deal... and noticed the price on B&H and Adorama both jumped... (one by $100, one by $200...) so I went ahead and purchased on Amazon for sub-$900 (US).

That $870-896 price (other than the aforementioned Amazon deal that I missed) was the lowest it's been... and two days after Photokina with no announcement, it crept back up on the major sites...
Adorama is back down again, but B&H is scattered. (some existing kits are still $900, but the body only listing is $999) ... anyway... I got mine now. It'll last me a good long time, and I'll definitely get my money's worth out of it like I have my k5-IIs. (which is still going strong but needed a backup in the lineup in case it gives out at some point.)
10-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
Remember Rule #25: The bikes on top of your car should be worth more than the car.

If you have a cheap bike, your camera budget has just increased!
10-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #87
Veteran Member

We need more jessops sell off!
10-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Remember Rule #25: The bikes on top of your car should be worth more than the car.

If you have a cheap bike, your camera budget has just increased!

What a great way to think about the purchase. You've sold me - my car is 13 years old. Thank you, Mark.
10-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Difficult Choice Quote
What a great way to think about the purchase. You've sold me - my car is 13 years old. Thank you, Mark.
My pleasure!
11-14-2018, 11:46 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I realize it's been a good 5-odd months since this thread was started, but we're barely one week away from the return of Black Friday, so I'm wondering---has anyone heard any good rumors about discounted-prices-for-KP sales on a) Black Friday? or b) Amazon (with its notorious and seemingly finicky Daily Sales which I missed the last one to feature KP's)? or c) any other semi-legitimate vendors who ship to Oregon?

Just curious. And you know what they say about curiosity and cats. Not to mention curiosity and photographers ...