Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #1

Good Wireless (Preferred) or Wired Intervalometers for Pentax KP

Hi everyone.

I recently got into astrophotography, and just a couple weeks ago, I got myself a small star tracker, the skyguider pro. This lets me take multiple minutes-long exposures. For now, I’m using the basic Pentax 3.5mm shutter cable. However, I’d like an external intervalometer that I could use to take multiple minutes-long exposures for stacking exposure, preferably wireless so I can sit in my car on cold nights, etc. Does anyone know or use any good wireless intervalometers that don’t break the bank?

11-04-2018, 02:29 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CPLTarun Quote
Hi everyone.

I recently got into astrophotography, and just a couple weeks ago, I got myself a small star tracker, the skyguider pro. This lets me take multiple minutes-long exposures. For now, I’m using the basic Pentax 3.5mm shutter cable. However, I’d like an external intervalometer that I could use to take multiple minutes-long exposures for stacking exposure, preferably wireless so I can sit in my car on cold nights, etc. Does anyone know or use any good wireless intervalometers that don’t break the bank?
I just posted a program that can do this:
Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi Tether by PentaxForums.com - PentaxForums.com

You'd be able to control the camera from a laptop and get it to automatically shoot a series of photos.

If you put the camera in B mode and enable the timer feature, this unlocks exposures up to 20 minutes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I just posted a program that can do this:
Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi Tether by PentaxForums.com - PentaxForums.com

You'd be able to control the camera from a laptop and get it to automatically shoot a series of photos.

If you put the camera in B mode and enable the timer feature, this unlocks exposures up to 20 minutes.
This is really cool, looking forward to future updates. But a dedicated intervalometer device would be great for when I can’t bring a computer with me or when my camera battery is too low for WiFi.
11-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CPLTarun Quote
This is really cool, looking forward to future updates. But a dedicated intervalometer device would be great for when I can’t bring a computer with me or when my camera battery is too low for WiFi.
A few options are described here:

KP shutter release ... Wired and Wireless options that work ! - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: