Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2018, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is a company that makes 5volt USB powered chargers for camera batteries. I have posted them here before and will try to find the link again. Combine this with a power bank and solar panels, and you're good to go as long as the sun is shining.

---------- Post added Dec 10th, 2018 at 04:02 PM ----------

Here you go: Pentax DLI109 USB Charger

---------- Post added Dec 10th, 2018 at 04:08 PM ----------

And: Pentax DLI90 USB Charger

Last edited by Quartermaster James; 12-10-2018 at 06:08 PM.
12-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #17
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riverlady Quote
Thanks everyone. Re the solar charging, a solar panel recharges the camper batteries that power 12 volt outlets in the camper. In the past I have used my pentax charger plugged into a power inverter to connect to the 12V but was hoping to eliminate that step... one less piece of chunky gear to haul around.
In the four years that have passed since I got my Q-7, I've been using a Watson dual-charger to charge its batteries; after I purchased my KP on Black Friday, I purchased a Watson 'plate' for its battery also, but obviously I don't have enough experience with it yet to recommend it. This charger has two benefits - it can run off either 110 volts or off 12 volts, and it gives me a running reading of battery charge {percent charged}.
12-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #18
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I agree and would add that I ONLY format in camera - the only problems I have ever had were either with defective cards that weren't salvageable or ones that were formatted elsewhere.

I've heard, in the past here on the forum, that microSD cards were a no-no for in camera use. Have you had any problems with them? I tend to stick with SanDisk Extreme Pros.
I have not had any issues using a micro SD card in an adapter between 4 different cards and 24K+ images between several cameras. I leave them in the adapter when I plug them in to download my images to the computer though. The micro part and my large sandwich clamps are a combination destined to lose the tiny cards.