Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
live view with AF.C

Hi,

I did some searching on this forum but did not find an answer to my question, so here it comes:

When I try to alter the AF with live view to AF.C, a message appears stating that 'this lens does not support AF.C with live view'.
My lens is a SMC Pentax DA 1:3.5-6.3 18-250mm ED AL (IF).

My question: what lenses DO support this feature?

Thanks in advance.

01-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See also this thread where some mention of only certain lenses supporting this mode is made. I was not able to find a list or a reference but maybe @adam or someone else involved in the first thread may have knowledge.

Live View Tracking AF.C - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 01-16-19 at 02:57 PM ----------

More info: KP continuous autofocus lenses in Video - PentaxForums.com

At least in movie mode it is supposed to only work with DC and PLM lenses. So the 18-135 should work but not the 18-250 which is screw drive only.
01-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
See also this thread where some mention of only certain lenses supporting this mode is made. I was not able to find a list or a reference but maybe @adam or someone else involved in the first thread may have knowledge.

Live View Tracking AF.C - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 01-16-19 at 02:57 PM ----------

More info: KP continuous autofocus lenses in Video - PentaxForums.com

At least in movie mode it is supposed to only work with DC and PLM lenses. So the 18-135 should work but not the 18-250 which is screw drive only.
Despite what the specs might say, AF-C in live view is currently essentially nonexistant.

It does help a bit with focusing during video on the K-70 and KP, but it's ancient compared to some of the other tech that's out there for this purpose.

More details can be found here:
Pentax K-70 Review - Focusing | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys - this will me get further!

01-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Despite what the specs might say, AF-C in live view is currently essentially nonexistant.
AFAIK, it only works with the DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE, same with movie mode.