Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2019, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KP and shutter release

Hi,
Got my new KP and Battery Grip. What a pleasure this camera is to use and program. All my lenses fit and work even with the Kenco tele adapter.
I have one complaint that is the wired shutter release and receiver with my wireless and some other plug into the mike outlet are not comfortable I have ordered a JJ wired remote and a wireless remote, but would still like to use the ones I use for my the K5. Does any one know if there is an adapter available? Need a model and manufactures name. Any thoughts?

01-17-2019, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I just bought a generic 4 pole 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female audio adapter - No idea on brand, it cost about $2 and works fine.

As far as I know it's a standard adapter for cellphones.
01-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GordZ Quote
Hi,
Got my new KP and Battery Grip. What a pleasure this camera is to use and program. All my lenses fit and work even with the Kenco tele adapter.
I have one complaint that is the wired shutter release and receiver with my wireless and some other plug into the mike outlet are not comfortable I have ordered a JJ wired remote and a wireless remote, but would still like to use the ones I use for my the K5. Does any one know if there is an adapter available? Need a model and manufactures name. Any thoughts?
Comfortable or compatible?
01-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought this a while back from B&H.
Hosa Technology Stereo 2.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male Adapter

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-17-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added picture.
01-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't realize until I read this post that the KP didn't have a dedicated 2.5mm port. Somewhere in a drawer I have an adapter identical to what Ex Finn. posted. I picked it up a couple of years ago from a local computer shop for a car stereo I had. I think it cost me $3.00.

Guess I'll need to find it to use my wired remote...
01-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This might help out a bit.....
KP shutter release ... Wired and Wireless options that work ! - PentaxForums.com
01-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got a JJC JM-II remote and JJC MA wired shutter release, also a pair of Vention adapters so all of my Youngnuo triggers will work on the KP happy camper. Didn't cost more than $50.00 cdn for the whole lot.
Also got a pair of Newmowa batteries and dual USB charger will solve any power problems ($30 cdn) and only 1 charger for all the KP batteries DL-I109's . Hope this is useful thanks for your responses you pointed me in the right direction,
Gord