Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RangerMD Quote
Got camera back previous week. A new one actually, new box, everything exept battery. Had to order a new tempered glass protector as the one that died had it fixed when I sent it to service. Still got a couple of grips extra.

With regard to the issue:
Service were not able to detect moisture, cracks or whatsoever could have caused the camera to suddenly die.
Most likely cause which cannot be ruled out:
Overheating that made the PCB fail at some point, which was too minor to detect. Overheating could have been caused from WiFi tethering.
All products are subject to what is known as "infant mortality" - sometimes a new part will fail one of the first times it is used or powered up. That is the main reasons for a Warranty. I'm glad to hear that Ricoh understands that.

06-06-2019, 01:32 AM   #17

Original Poster
Could be that indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
All products are subject to what is known as "infant mortality" - sometimes a new part will fail one of the first times it is used or powered up. That is the main reasons for a Warranty. I'm glad to hear that Ricoh understands that.
I also hope this is the case and not some generic issue affecting other KPs. Members have reported long times with tethering so it could be that. I only was able to tether the past month because Ricoh (bad) software Imagesync was not combatible with Android Pie. Only the April version allowed me to work with the camera, with the results posted above...

So, hoping it was a single event, thanks to everyvody for their feedback and kindness!
06-06-2019, 01:55 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RangerMD Quote
I also hope this is the case and not some generic issue affecting other KPs.
Looks like it's okay with others, Ranger, yours had a fault, good to see it's all worked out.

06-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #19

I love threads which have happy endings.