Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2019, 01:44 AM - 1 Like   #1

Pentax KP video output resolution via Slimport to HDMI

Hello all!

I searched high and low for the following info, but couldn't find a proper source. As such, I asked Pentax/Ricoh directly. Answers, semi-quotes below:

- supported output resolutions: auto (KP adapts to the maximum resolution supported by the screen that's connected), 1080i, 720P, 576P and 480P;
- they confirmed that the HDMI output only mirrors the LCD, no clean video output available;
- they also said that the video stream output aspect ratio is 16:9 when connecting an outside monitor.... can't tell how this would happen, as both the sensors' AND the LCDs screen aspect ratio is 3:2; will verify this and get back to you

They wouldn't answer if a CERTAIN Slimport adapter is recommended (they suggest the Analogix SP6001 in the manual), but I'm gonna try a generic 1080p ready adapter (it says Analogix in the specs...) and get back to you.

Mihai Toma

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, aspect, kp, kp video output, output, pentax kp, pentax kp video, resolution via slimport, video, video output resolution