Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2019, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SwedishTim Quote
I did buy third party batteries.. There is a brand here called Jupio that seems to be good, and so far I am happy with them!
Thank you I will have a look to this Jupio alternative

10-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GregL564 Quote
I just purchased a B-DG7 for my KP. It was a tad expensive, and does diminish the small form-factor advantage of the KP, but I do think it handles better with it, especially when using my Sigma 17-50 2.8. I haven't yet bought the larger battery for it...that might just add too much weight.
I wouldn’t worry about battery weight, I sure can’t tell the difference between the small or large one in the grip.
10-05-2019, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ranchwagon Quote
I wouldn’t worry about battery weight, I sure can’t tell the difference between the small or large one in the grip.
I Agree. Use whatever batteries you have lying around. For those of us who went from the K-5 series of cameras to the KP, we may not have had any of the smaller batteries. In fact, before the KP I had never owned a camera that uses the smaller batteries. So I had four of the larger batteries hanging around being devoured by the horrors of entropy. So one of the reasons to get the grip is to keep your larger batteries in use, assuming you have accumulated a bunch of them over the years.
12-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I own the grip.
I use it all the time.
With the LI-90, always.

Here's why for me:
I have a K5-iis also. That has the grip, and it has 2-LI-90 batteries. So the only one not like the other is the LI-109 in the body of the KP. I think I have 5 LI-90 batteries floating around.
The LI-109, if I had 2 I'd probably trust it. But there are times where I've shot 1500-2000 photos in a day, depending on the event(s). I'd never trust taking the KP body out on its own.

That and the battery meters seem... well, not like phones where they give you a percentage.
Once it decides to show you half the battery... well your guess is as good as mine as to how long that'll last from there on out, but it's not long.

12-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #35
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I just received my KP ( which I got through the Grand Prize Raffle )

it came without the battery grip and I have just ordered it from Amazon

I have both the K 3 and K 3 II ( and previously the K 5 II ) and all have ( had ) the battery grips

I like the grips because of how the camera bodies and grips fit my hand and I like the ability to have the extra battery with me and a spare sd card

if I don't like the weight I can lighten it by not putting in the battery

so I will try it out and if I don't like it, I will return it to Amazon

If I keep it, it will give me the ability to use the same battery as I use in the K 3 and the K 3 II or use the original battery

as I understand it the original battery for the KP does not last as long
12-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I just received my KP ( which I got through the Grand Prize Raffle )

it came without the battery grip and I have just ordered it from Amazon

I have both the K 3 and K 3 II ( and previously the K 5 II ) and all have ( had ) the battery grips

I like the grips because of how the camera bodies and grips fit my hand and I like the ability to have the extra battery with me and a spare sd card

if I don't like the weight I can lighten it by not putting in the battery

so I will try it out and if I don't like it, I will return it to Amazon

If I keep it, it will give me the ability to use the same battery as I use in the K 3 and the K 3 II or use the original battery

as I understand it the original battery for the KP does not last as long
The d-li190 does not last long at all. I am pretty sure that you will find the KP with the optional grip to handle to your liking.
Congrats on your win btw.
12-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #37
Veteran Member

I missed a 100EUR B-DG7 grip some days ago that would have been a great opportunity to test it