Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was using a KP in Manual mode just 2 days ago, trying to get focus with a wide angle lens well after dark, and there was not enough noise going on that it drew my attention. But I was using the VF, not LV.

09-14-2019, 03:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I was using a KP in Manual mode just 2 days ago, trying to get focus with a wide angle lens well after dark, and there was not enough noise going on that it drew my attention. But I was using the VF, not LV.
Yah could you check in LV? This only happens in live view for me. Even with decent exposure it stops down the lens every time I hit the aperture dial.

Even after the update this is still happening and it's pretty annoying. The thing that seems to make this happen is start wide open, get your shutter speed metered correctly, then stop down the lens.

Tested my K-01 and it doesn't do the same thing.

Last edited by ZombieArmy; 09-14-2019 at 03:28 PM.
09-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have it set to preview the exposure?
09-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Do you have it set to preview the exposure?
Where would that setting be?

09-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Where would that setting be?
I don't have a KP... and my K-3 isn't able to directly disable it. See this thread for ideas on how TAv can simulate manual and stop the auto dimming which may keep it from stopping down.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/320171-liveview-cant-disa...e-preview.html
09-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I don't have a KP... and my K-3 isn't able to directly disable it. See this thread for ideas on how TAv can simulate manual and stop the auto dimming which may keep it from stopping down.

Liveview: Can't Disable Exposure Preview - PentaxForums.com
This could be it. Shame, guess I'll just have to use TAv.
09-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

This could be it. Shame, guess I'll just have to use TAv.
Yes, it might be the exposure simulation/preview feature. I do wish Pentax would add the option to turn it off. Mine on the K-3 just makes tiny noises and then only occasionally. Usually, the feature dims/brightens the display electronically with only the rare adjustment to the actual aperture, but things may be different on the KP.

Steve

09-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As Steve says my experience is that it isn't loud or even distracting. Maybe get a video and share it?
09-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #24

Yah could you check in LV? This only happens in live view for me. Even with decent exposure it stops down the lens every time I hit the aperture dial.

Even after the update this is still happening and it's pretty annoying. The thing that seems to make this happen is start wide open, get your shutter speed metered correctly, then stop down the lens.

Tested my K-01 and it doesn't do the same thing.
At this point I would try resetting the KP to original camera settings. I had a problem back in early May (when selecting the "continuous shooting modes" it was showing that the camera was set accordingly but it would only do single exposures). I made note of my custom settings & reset the camera. That returned the KP to normal operation. Its been fine since. Regarding the noise in LiveView, my KP does make a very muffled "klicking" sound when changing the aperture unlike my K-3. Its not enough be be particularly annoying.

Last edited by BryantCP; 09-28-2019 at 09:03 AM.