Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #1

KP eye cup

Looking for a replacement eye cup for my KP. Not interested in the Hoodman. The O-ME 53 can work, however I really do not need the magnification. Just want something a little more softer and one that will keep my face a little further away from the LCD. Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks, Jeff

09-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This one should do it:

amazon : JJC EP-FR Eyecup for PENTAX Camera DSLR K30 K5II K500 K50 K-S2 Replace Pentax FR : Gateway

You can also go for the OEM FR eyecup.
09-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglebeach Quote
Anyone with any ideas?
All Pentax K-mount SLRs except K-series use the same eyepiece frame and accept the same eyepiece accessories. Whether any that fit will also provide additional stand-off is hard to say. That being said, adding additional stand-off comes with the trade-off of not being able to see the full viewfinder display at a glance. Eye relief is rather poor on most SLR cameras.

Steve
09-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the input. I presume the FS will work as well? It appears to have more substantial cushioning. The eye cup is the only feature on the KP I have trouble with. Otherwise an outstanding camera.

09-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglebeach Quote
Thanks guys for the input. I presume the FS will work as well? It appears to have more substantial cushioning. The eye cup is the only feature on the KP I have trouble with. Otherwise an outstanding camera.
The FS is what is on my K-3 and differs from the FR in the location of the cut-out for the diopter adjustment (slider at top on the KP vs. dial at lower right on the K-3). I saw both Eyecup M and Eyecup M II (both round) today on eBay and both are supposed to may fit your camera according to the Ricoh Japan Web site, but I don't know whether either offers additional stand-off.

Note: I did the Google translate for the page below and the Eyecup M will fit your camera, the MII will not.

??????????????????????? | RICOH IMAGING

Perhaps also:

Vello ESP-DSLR Eyecup for Select Pentax Cameras ESP-DSLR B&H

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-16-2019 at 04:36 PM.
09-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks a lot Steve. I have ordered the "M" off Ebay. May as well give it a try. I will post my thoughts once it arrives.
Really appreciate your extra efforts.
Jeff