Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2019, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Its Snowing KP's this Year !

About 3 weeks ago I got into the RICOHHOLIDAY Promo sale for $589.95 and scored a New KP direct from Ricoh. I received it a little over a week ago.....Very Happy !
Today... I opened my Christmas Gift box from my close lady friend/companion that's on a once in a lifetime 2 month cruise with her daughter , and what to my amazement do I find ? That's right ! A Brand new KP from the same sale from Ricoh !
I am very very Blessed this year , but what do I need two new KP's for ? I still have my old KP that's well beat with almost 60K from over two years ago and still going strong....
Should I sell one of the new ones ? ….or.... keep both of them with one for future use ?
I wont part with my original beater KP as I now have strong "Feelings" for it.....lol
I DO need a new Crescent Lite Tackle Kayak really bad.....I could sell this latest new KP and hopefully not have to explain myself down the road.....hmmmm….lol.
Descisions….descisions…...I sure don't like to "explain"myself to anyone......thinking.....thinking.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 12-25-2019 at 11:58 AM.
12-25-2019, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sell the one you bought and use hers. Keep the old one as a trophy. Buy the Kayak as a treat to yourself.
12-25-2019, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lucky you and Merry Christmas.

I got a KP on that sale too, haven't started using it yet, but have a feeling I'll really like it, and have an eye out for a second. I'll keep an eye out if you decide to list one on the Forum.
12-25-2019, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You are indeed blessed with a caring friend and companion who appreciates your love of photography.

If I may suggest, perhaps you keep the gift KP, enjoy it and use it often, and sell the other newer KP discreetly in the PF Marketplace.

- Craig

12-25-2019, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

That is a steal of a deal for a KP! wow
12-25-2019, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I would say keep the gift and the other new one. Every can use two bodies, it saves changing lenses. In event photography that works out very well. The old one can be sold. Having three identical bodies is overkill. Or not, depending on your GAS status...
12-25-2019, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with the idea of selling one of them. Certainly keep the one your lady friend gave you. She needs to know how much you value her gift. But I would be inclined to sell the one you bought yourself - to reinforce the personal value of her gift to you. Keep the old one as your second body (after all, it is not old technology) and down the track you can sell it when the price of the K-new drops - if that appeals. But your lady friend is certainly a "keeper".

12-25-2019, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd sell the oldest one. Two KP's is quite a kit. You're a lucky man to have a lady like that in your life.
12-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Sell the one you bought and use hers. Keep the old one as a trophy. Buy the Kayak as a treat to yourself.
I think You are on to something here ! I will keep my old beater KP and also keep the one she gave me. However....the one I bought will go up on the marketplace soon !
I can get a lot more enjoyment from a new Kayak and a new KP !

---------- Post added 12-25-19 at 15:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I would say keep the gift and the other new one. Every can use two bodies, it saves changing lenses. In event photography that works out very well. The old one can be sold. Having three identical bodies is overkill. Or not, depending on your GAS status...
3 of the same is ok for old film bodies.....but not for DSLR's.....lol
Im not exactly Camera shy on bodies if you know what I mean.
A new Crescent Lite Tackle kayak will help me use all of them MORE !
12-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
My GAS is limited to manual Pentax lenses and Film bodies. That Kayak is sure looking good right now !
Attached Images

12-25-2019, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just make sure she doesn't need a new KP too.
12-25-2019, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sell nothing. Keep the bodies on different lenses.
12-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Just make sure she doesn't need a new KP too.
She is heavily vested in the Olympus M43 system. I tried to get her interested in Pentax and its a No-Go !

---------- Post added 12-25-19 at 20:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Hmmmmm….now "THAT" is a new thought that somewhat appeals to me.
12-25-2019, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I'd sell the oldest one. Two KP's is quite a kit. You're a lucky man to have a lady like that in your life.
If you shoot 60K shots in just 2 years, I'd say keep them all! Or i f selling, sell the 60K one. You will need them!

---------- Post added 12-25-19 at 08:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Ha ha! This too!
12-26-2019, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unless your shooting style requires quick transitions of lenses, or you need shots for commercial paying jobs (where a backup is just rational ,prep
peration) I think carrying two bodies is mostly going to just make the bag heavy.

Your old 60k shutter model is a reasonable backup in case something happens to the new unit.