Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Re the pinkie placement, I curl on my K3 let alone my KP re grips, I recently did a test of all three. I don't like the large, quite like the small and really like the medium but it is better suited for use with the limited. I have just dome the sic with the 18-135 though and it was excellent. Having said that, I was having a bad week for a number of reasons and reverted to my lovely K3 for the reassurance of familiarity

03-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Kneeling isn’t a problem for most, but for some, the problem is getting up again! Unless the shot demands ground-level work, I’d generally prefer to remain upright. With my K-3, adding the FLUcard and resting my phone on the hot-shoe was a revelation – it was like working with a waist-level viewfinder in an old SLR (or TLR). I could do without the tilting rear screen (a hot-shoe accessory to secure the phone would be handy) if I had to, but I’d still prefer one.
I have multiple issues with my legs, lymphedema, neuropathy, arthritis and knee damage due to a tibial plateau fracture four years ago. Formerly, I did a lot of creative, low angle photos, since the fracture I cannot kneel. I purchased a used Ks2 to replace my aperture block failure K-30. Loved the Ks2 screen, hated the camera. Ergonomics, NOT. So I’ve been using a K5iis and K3. My K3 annoys me greatly due to noisy images at ISO’s above 400, much worse than my K5iis, especially DNG raw files. Figured it was time to get a new generation sensor equipped body and am now waiting for my silver KP to arrive. I will be glad to get low angle shots again! I’m 6 feet 3 inches tall, so low angle for me is nearly normal for photographers on the shorter side. Hope the KP lives up to its fine reviews.