Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #1

View finder glass broke

I have an issue with the view finder sight glass. My son dropped it on glass and it broke the glass that you look into the view finder. I have not found a schematic of the camera nor a place to find that glass. does any one know where I could find this part and how to fix it? at least we got two 17 inch trout...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-16-2020, 06:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is my dissasembled K-r. the VF lens is a square plastic one in a housing - just clips in/out. Looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to replace this - essentially remove the casing job. But I don't know if the KP is same/similar. Is this the part that's cracked? Post a pic of the camera (the trout are nice but not really pertinent...! )
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-G1  Photo 
05-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you. This is helpful. I have to take a photo with my phone as I don't have another camera. The KR has a smaller eye adjuster, the KP is taller.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E4610  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E4610  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E4610  Photo 
05-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't see that happening to the k-r lens it's basically a little block of plastic. However accessing to fix this should, as I have suggested, merely involve casing removal.

05-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
thank you. I'll look into it.

Do you know of a place to get a pdf schematic of the cameras? It would be good to know how to dismantle it.

Cheers

Jacob
05-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #6

You can try USCamera.com. They might sell you the Service Manual Parts List. They don't have it currently list on the website. They may even be able to order the part and sell it to you.

Since Ricoh does not sell parts directly to consumers you would have to send the camera in for service. Which might be a bad idea as there may be other damage not immediately obvious. Since it is not a warranty issue you could send it to one of the other Pentax repair places other than Precision.