Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2020, 08:16 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos taken with my first Limited Lens

Even though I love my Pentax 16-85mm zoom, I am really enjoying using some prime lenses instead. I have some old SMC manual focus lenses but find it difficult to focus accurately, so I bought a Pentax DA 35mm f2.4 and was blown away by the image quality and the 35mm lens is great as a general walk around lens but I found myself needing a wider angle at times, so I found a mint condition (all my equipment is mint second-hand) Pentax DA 15mm f4 LTD for 299 and I took it out today to see how it performed. I have attached a couple of photos below and so far I am excited to use this lens some more. I still think at the moment, my 35mm lens is sharper but I think I need a bit more practise with the 15mm before I make a final decision. I will definately be keeping both lenses and shooting with primes from now on

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
06-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA 15 has fantastic colors and contrast. I love mine.
06-11-2020, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to PF, some nicely composed shots, I especially like the third one.From a personal point of view I feel the post processing is a bit overblown/HDR heavy but that’s a preference thing.
06-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The 35 will probably be sharper than the 15, but the Limiteds produce outstanding color, etc.

06-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shots. I love the contrast in the 2nd one, between the bright green foreground and dark clouds in the background. Well done.
The DA15mm Ltd is an exceptional lens. It is part of the DA Limited pancake series (DA15, DA21, DA40, DA70). Their nimble size and great IQ are superb assets, for APS-C. The other Limited series is the FA Limited series (FA31, FA43, FA77), or the three amigos. They are legends across all brands of cameras, and often the envy of Canikon and others shooters.

If you love to shoot with prime lenses, you will have to consider the FA Ltd , because they complement nicely the DA Ltd IMHO.
Thank you to share your nice shots.
06-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful results! I love my amazingly tiny DA 15mm LTD. It lives in the front accessory pocket of my belt-loop/cross-shoulder strap camera holster case. More often than not, with my DA 20-40mm LTD on the camera- but could be several other options on-camera instead.

Looks like you got quite a good deal! Congrats!
06-12-2020, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Welcome to PF, some nicely composed shots, I especially like the third one.From a personal point of view I feel the post processing is a bit overblown/HDR heavy but that’s a preference thing.
I used a surrealist type filter when editing it, I know its a personal taste but I liked the dreamy look it gives 😀