Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2020, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KatzEye focusing screen fits KP

Just reporting that the following focusing screen installs fine on the KP:

KatzEye Focusing Screen plus Split Prism w/Microprism Collar - originally sold for Pentax K-5, K-7/K-30.

Not surprising, but might be useful for someone to know.

06-28-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax used the same screen for the K-7, K-5, K-30, K-50, K-500, K-5II, K-5IIs, K-3, K-3II, K-S1, K-S2, K-70, and KP.
06-28-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tr1ckyn1ck Quote
Thanks for sharing this information. The use of the same screen size on all flagship APS-C from the K-7 forward and all consumer model from the K-30 forward is not particularly obvious without reading between the lines on the various resources for replacement screens.

Steve
07-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tr1ckyn1ck Quote
Just reporting that the following focusing screen installs fine on the KP:

KatzEye Focusing Screen plus Split Prism w/Microprism Collar - originally sold for Pentax K-5, K-7/K-30.

KatzEyeâ„¢ Optics - Custom Focusing Screens If you visit the Katzeye website, it tells you they are sadly out of business. I saw some very cheap resin split-image focusing screens, made in China for only £14. Might send off for one just to see if they are any good. I need a different screen for my K7 because I am using manual focus lenses on that body and using the AF lenses with my KP body.