Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2022, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still love my KP. In fact I already have shot THREE weddings with it this year, which made me nervous having only one card slot.

Toss the 20-40 on it for urban and close quarters, the 55-300 PLM for landscape and BIF, the 18-135 for when I'm not sure what I might be shooting.

It's never let me down. And like others here, the small grip was the secret sauce for me, even though I wear XL size gloves!

09-04-2022, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
you're wrong on that one
Many argued how KP is not so good, because they excpected K3III.

( which Kp is not )
-
While some argues were about missing 2nd card slot,

the other most negative comment was about the grip, and usability with large hands or large lens
-
LATER - AFTER 2 YRS,
Many of us - just excepted the KP - and inlove with it.

-
KP definitely hits the sweet spot - in many areas.

-
1 ) It HAS articulated screen.

2 ) It HAS the Flash unit ( while K3 III and K3 II, and K-1, and K-1 II don't

2 ) It HAS K1 jpg output quality

3) it HAS mirrorless look, smaller and lighter - versus older brothers in semi-pro league
4 ) it HAS good price / value for money.

- even now - when the price is higher in second hand market - for new ones
Great evaluation. You got it right for sure, in every category. The K-3 III is the answer for those who want its style and particular features, while the KP has its own style and features, which are also very practical and useful.

---------- Post added 09-04-22 at 12:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoLady Quote
Well, here I am, 2022 a very VERY chuffed new owner to an almost new KP and like you said and I said, the moment it came into our hands, it just felt so right.

It's been an interesting venture going from the K3iii, to the K70 and landing with the KP.
Have a great weekend
A great, and very experienced testimonial for the KP!

---------- Post added 09-04-22 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
I still love my KP. In fact I already have shot THREE weddings with it this year, which made me nervous having only one card slot.

Toss the 20-40 on it for urban and close quarters, the 55-300 PLM for landscape and BIF, the 18-135 for when I'm not sure what I might be shooting.

It's never let me down. And like others here, the small grip was the secret sauce for me, even though I wear XL size gloves!
Another great testimonial, even shooting weddings- and with extra large-size hands! The KP with its modular design for use with different lenses, is likely the most versatile of extra high-IQ DSLR cameras.