Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2020, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #16
Unregistered User

Having re-read the title of this thread, I immediately had the mental impression of some small animal running around inside the camera. "Kill it, Earl! Here, poke it with this stick!"

08-12-2020, 10:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Having re-read the title of this thread, I immediately had the mental impression of some small animal running around inside the camera. "Kill it, Earl! Here, poke it with this stick!"
Well, there is the hamster in the wheel that makes it all go .....

---------- Post added 08-12-20 at 10:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I thought so,but had to double check....XE-1 is the greatest fun for the money....i cant believe that people paid so much back when they were new.
I love my x-e1. I am always researching jpeg recipes I have got one of those k&f concept adapters that allow me to control aperture on modern Pentax lenses. I need to try it one day with the 21mm limited. It did look great with the 40mm xs on board but I needed money so I don't have that any more :'( one thing it is great for is as a platform for the lovely yashica lenses that foul my mirror on the KP

---------- Post added 08-12-20 at 10:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
I must have had my K5 for about two years before I noticed the rattle or swoosh. I thought I'd bust it carrying it on the bike until I thought about it a bit more and then confirmed what it was on the internet. It's there whether the camera is on or off. Slightly more damped on.
That's exactly what mines like. its not the greatest noise to hear when you don't know what causes it lol
08-12-2020, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I love my x-e1. I am always researching jpeg recipes
There is a Facebook group....Fujifilm Film Simulations Group...plenty of variations there.
08-12-2020, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The KP's SR is also of a more advanced design than that of the K-3. Not saying this accounts for the different sound in your case, but the design difference is a fact that could be considered.