Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #1

KP Clarity setting...

My KP does not retain the Clarity setting I set it to: +1 and using jpeg only.

I have to reset it every time I turn the camera on/off. The program/menu retains all the other in-camera jpeg settings and adjustments I have made.

Program/menu quirk to accept and get used to...or a defect?

08-28-2020, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Camera Menu 5 - Memory - page 2 - check the Clarity box.

Philip
08-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you save it as a user setting? Does it stay that way?
08-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Ensure that "Clarity" in 'Camera Menu 5' | Memory (P27 in the manual) is set On, it defaults to off
Alternatively, try setting up a "User Mode" to include the feature(s) you want.

Haha! I'm a slow typist ... two others have beaten me to it

08-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #5

Original Poster
Ok thanks all...found the setting under "memory"...also see I can use the rear wheel to control actual strength setting during use in the field...the KP is really a fine camera. Much better than the K-70 in my opinion. Far better exposures (K70 consistently overexposed for me), far better feel and construction, far better grip, far more control options...and so on...closest I have ever got to a "professional" camera...I am SO pleased with it...will keep it for a long time...at least until K-new shows up...!
Thanks again all who helped me!
08-31-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Geophotoguy Quote
Ok thanks all...found the setting under "memory"...also see I can use the rear wheel to control actual strength setting during use in the field...the KP is really a fine camera. Much better than the K-70 in my opinion. Far better exposures (K70 consistently overexposed for me), far better feel and construction, far better grip, far more control options...and so on...closest I have ever got to a "professional" camera...I am SO pleased with it...will keep it for a long time...at least until K-new shows up...!
Thanks again all who helped me!
Welcome to the forum and welcome also is your fine testimonial for the KP.
Such an outstanding DSLR and so unique as this one is a true bargain these days.

---------- Post added 08-31-20 at 08:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Geophotoguy Quote
far better grip
That is refreshing to hear for a change!
12-07-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone else had this issue regarding the KP Clarity setting? My KP was really slow at writing after each shot whilst the file was written to the card. Initially thought this was a slow card and since replaced with a new Extreme Pro max 128MB/s card. Still the same. Also noticed that on continuous shots it would also wait about 8 seconds between shots. Obviously not right.
Did find that on one of my User settings, it all worked as you would expect. On my other user setting it had a few changes and was slow to write etc. Copied the good user settings to the bad one and both now ok so it must have been one of the settings in there. To cut to the chase, I have found that if the Clarity is set to anything other than 0 (default value), Each shot is written to the card preventing another shot being taken until complete. On continuous shooting this is also the case so several seconds between shots.

I tracked this down by having a list of all the settings in Excel, with the default values and the values for the fixed modes and my user modes to make it easy to compare the setup and highlight different settings. I haven't found a factory reset yet. Is there one?

I also really like my new KP. It really feels like an old "proper" slr in the hand.

12-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
I tracked this down by having a list of all the settings in Excel, with the default values and the values for the fixed modes and my user modes to make it easy to compare the setup and highlight different settings. I haven't found a factory reset yet. Is there one?
If you want to reset the User Modes, see Record Menu 5, Save User Mode, Reset User Mode (page 28 of the operating manual).
12-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes I have seen that one, but it only resets the user modes not the built in modes. It is not a problem just that there are so many potential settings to check through.
12-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
Yes I have seen that one, but it only resets the user modes not the built in modes. It is not a problem just that there are so many potential settings to check through.
The only other resets that I know about are for the Custom functions (C4) and for all the other menus (Set-up Menu 4).