Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Rear display partially stopped working

Today the rear display (of my KP) stopped working partially. When normally positioned, everything is fine, but when I tilt it up, everything disappeared? Anybody having any idea or experience?

I expect that this will be a mechanical issue and it will be necessary to send it for repair.

11-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

It lookes like teh ribbon cable connecting the display to teh body might be damaged. try putting some tape to hold it in place on the back of teh isplay, otherwise you should go to a specialized service, those things are difficult to repair since they're so tiny.
11-15-2020, 12:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster

QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
It lookes like teh ribbon cable connecting the display to teh body might be damaged. try putting some tape to hold it in place on the back of teh isplay, otherwise you should go to a specialized service, those things are difficult to repair since they're so tiny.
Yeap, I expect this kind of damage :/