Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image sync: pixel shift?

MAIN Question:
How do I setup my KP and my image sync remote control software to do pixel shift images? Bear in mind that while I am shooting I can’t touch the camera physically. EDIT: I already have established WiFi connections and stacked a few non-pixel shifted images, and I understand touch af via smartphone. I did not see any option to enable pixel shift remotely.

FOLLOW UP question:
After I process the images and create output files can I merge multiple files with ICE or similar software and expect benefits or is stitching pixel shift output not worth it? EDIT: likely a 4 or five image tall vertical stack only 1 image wide I hope.

I’m trying to copy the walls of my office for my daughter before I paint them. I’d love to get the color accuracy really high and thought pixel shift would help. I also thought multiple images would need to be stitches rather than using a fisheye to capture panels completely - particularly in the dormer covered spaces.

Here’s a sample of the wall:

Walls by -vanya_42nd-

Last edited by MarkJerling; 02-03-2021 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
02-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
For lighting I had thought flash (multiple) originally but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t work for pixel shift. Assume no flash for now.
02-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
May want to look here Functional Explanation / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
And here
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/download/app/image-sync/manual-00.html

Here is another
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/app/image-sync2/manual-00.html
02-04-2021, 09:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I’ve looked into the first but it wasn’t anything I had not already determined. I browsed the manual but I must have blown by it.

02-04-2021, 02:35 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
After I process the images and create output files can I merge multiple files with ICE or similar software and expect benefits or is stitching pixel shift output not worth it? EDIT: likely a 4 or five image tall vertical stack only 1 image wide I hope.
I've stitched overlapping PS shots from K-1 of detailed paintings, using Hugin, and reckon the results were worth it, but if you don't have a lot of fine detail in the subject it may not.

Cheers,
Terry
02-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
I've stitched overlapping PS shots from K-1 of detailed paintings, using Hugin, and reckon the results were worth it, but if you don't have a lot of fine detail in the subject it may not.
There’s some small fine print and drawings but probably not. I might change plans and use a longer focal length and take more images and stitch more together.