Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2021, 03:12 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ordered replacement KP

I had posted a while back about a crack in the flash mount of my KP. I thought I had fixed it using epoxy glue, seemed to work OK. I was wrong, there appears to be an internal problem, I can still use a flash in manual mode, but I wanted PTTL to work. Since B&H and Adorama both still have it on sale I decided to purchase a replacement KP from B&H. This time I will be getting the silver KP. I also purchase the smaller Godox TT350P flash for casual carry instead of the heavier Godox V1 ( I have the Adorama Flashpoint, equivalent model).

02-17-2021, 04:29 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! Sorry about the injury to your previous KP, but very happy about you getting a replacement, particularly in tandem with the TT350P. I think you will like the combination.

Steve
02-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I had posted a while back about a crack in the flash mount of my KP. I thought I had fixed it using epoxy glue, seemed to work OK. I was wrong, there appears to be an internal problem, I can still use a flash in manual mode, but I wanted PTTL to work. Since B&H and Adorama both still have it on sale I decided to purchase a replacement KP from B&H. This time I will be getting the silver KP. I also purchase the smaller Godox TT350P flash for casual carry instead of the heavier Godox V1 ( I have the Adorama Flashpoint, equivalent model).
Hopefully you got the free Flashpoint flash with this one too. I recently ordered a second KP to after I damaged the mode dial. I got the replacement and had to send it back for an autofocus problem on the new one, it was received by Adorama today, hopefully the replacement will be sent out tomorrow.
02-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Sorry about your misfortune. At least you'll be getting the silver version so you'll have a change of look, which I think is a nice look. I now have two silver KP bodies, both from B&H, and they are beautiful.

02-17-2021, 06:53 PM   #5
Forum Member

Do some of you buyers realise if you purchased the KP from Adorama instead of B&H you could get a free Godox V1 (Flashpoint) version?

This is a fantastic flash at no additional cost.

The Pentax Price Watch for the KP deal is doing a disservice not having an Adorama thread only so people realise they can have the FREE Flashpoint flash. It's too easy to miss this great deal.

---------- Post added 02-17-21 at 06:55 PM ----------

Here's the Adorama KP deal if anyone is interested:
https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html?
02-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Batman_ Quote
Do some of you buyers realise if you purchased the KP from Adorama instead of B&H you could get a free Godox V1 (Flashpoint) version?
OP already has a V1, but then again maybe one is not enough?

Steve
02-17-2021, 08:35 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
OP already has a V1, but then again maybe one is not enough?
Steve
The flash is free and brand new. The buyer can always just sell the flash if they do not want it and make the effective cost of the camera even less. My two cents.

02-18-2021, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had checked with Adorama before ordering from B&H and didn't notice that the Godox flash came with it. I already have the V1, which because of its increased weight "might" have caused my flash mount to crack, or the flash accidentally struck something that I didn't realize. This was why I ordered the Godox TT350P for casual carry, much smaller.

F/U
I was able to cancel the KP order from B&H and ordered it from Adorama because of the included flash. Same price and I will decide later if I want to sell the flash or keep it as a third flash.
Like I mentioned I have the Flashpoint round head flash, but also have the Flashpoint Zoom R2 manual flash. At this time I don't use flash that much, but I might in the future. I still have my original Metz*Mecablitz* 50 AF-1 flash, and can use it as an optical slave flash if needed.**

Last edited by Wingincamera; 02-18-2021 at 04:14 PM.