Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I've noticed, I don't know if it's a weird bug or what, but when I use live view, within a few minutes the battery icon will flash red. But switching out of live view it won't actually be drained.
I’ve not seen this behavior. Is the battery new? Have you supplied the latest firmware?

04-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #47
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I've noticed, I don't know if it's a weird bug or what, but when I use live view, within a few minutes the battery icon will flash red. But switching out of live view it won't actually be drained.
Using liveview does deplete the battery, especially if using it for extended periods and yes, switching the camera off does allow the battery to recover, at least as far as the battery indicator is concerned i.e. my battery will show at a lower level in liveview and then after switching it off and back on later the battery will show at a higher level. I think the level indicator is a broad guide rather than a fine instrument. I simply carry a 2nd battery.
04-24-2021, 11:36 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I think you grow into the KP and some of it's differences. But once you do, it's a gem......at least that's my experience. The thing I found hardest to get used to was the location of the AF button on the back. I kept pressing the green button by mistake.
I disabled the green button for that very reason,never used it anyway.
04-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I’ve not seen this behavior. Is the battery new? Have you supplied the latest firmware?
It was most recent firmware, now updated to the new 1.30. I'll have to continue monitoring and see if it keeps happening.

---------- Post added 04-24-21 at 06:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
Using liveview does deplete the battery, especially if using it for extended periods and yes, switching the camera off does allow the battery to recover, at least as far as the battery indicator is concerned i.e. my battery will show at a lower level in liveview and then after switching it off and back on later the battery will show at a higher level. I think the level indicator is a broad guide rather than a fine instrument. I simply carry a 2nd battery.
That's how I think about it too. I don't notice the battery actually depleting much in a short time using live view, once I'm back out of it.

04-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJ43 Quote
Out of desperation I started reading the manual.
What on earth are you doing man? What self-respecting male does this

Seriously I'd buy the E-book available on here. Just reading the manual is a recipe for frustration.