Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Flash Bracket and Hot Shoe Cord for KP

Anyone have a flash bracket and hot shoe cord combo they can recommend for the KP?

Thanks.

03-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Anyone have a flash bracket and hot shoe cord combo they can recommend for the KP?

Thanks.
Are you needing one with Pentax compatibility (5-pole shoe, foot, and cord) or just capability for corded manual flash?

Steve
03-28-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Are you needing one with Pentax compatibility (5-pole shoe, foot, and cord) or just capability for corded manual flash?

Steve
I'd like to use either the Pentax AF-200FG in TTL or the Macro Twin KX-800 in manual, I presume. I'd like more separation with the AF-200FG, but also don't like the weight of the KX-800 pivoting on the pentaprism, so the bracket would help with that as well. For off camera I'm headed toward Flashpoint/Godox.

I was thinking maybe the Vello 3' off camera flash cord. Not sure about bracket, or frame.

Thanks for asking.

---------- Post added 03-28-21 at 12:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
I'd like to use either the Pentax AF-200FG in TTL or the Macro Twin KX-800 in manual, I presume. I'd like more separation with the AF-200FG, but also don't like the weight of the KX-800 pivoting on the pentaprism, so the bracket would help with that as well. For off camera I'm headed toward Flashpoint/Godox.

I was thinking maybe the Vello 3' off camera flash cord. Not sure about bracket, or frame.

Thanks for asking.
03-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote

Thanks for asking.
The Vello 3' OCS-P is a popular and reasonably priced option and should work well for you. As for brackets, what works well often depends on intended use and whether a tripod is part of the equation.

Steve