Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2021, 04:57 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh sure didn't do the KP many favors. When it came out, they denied that it was a K3 II replacement. It lacked dual card slots and a decent buffer, just to get the point across. Both these could have been added without a lot of effort but were not. What is even more fishy is that the plug was pulled on the KP at about the same time as the K3 III came out.

07-18-2021, 04:14 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Ricoh sure didn't do the KP many favors. When it came out, they denied that it was a K3 II replacement. It lacked dual card slots and a decent buffer, just to get the point across. Both these could have been added without a lot of effort but were not. What is even more fishy is that the plug was pulled on the KP at about the same time as the K3 III came out.
I'm wondering if Ricoh hasn't had a KP replacement in the works for a while now, but with COVID, everything was delayed and they ran out of the originals in the meantime...

-Eric
07-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I'm wondering if Ricoh hasn't had a KP replacement in the works for a while now, but with COVID, everything was delayed and they ran out of the originals in the meantime...

-Eric
I'd like to see KP II. But I'm happy with my current KP.
07-18-2021, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

-Eric
That would be awesome. I love my KP and a successor with better AF and touchscreen is all I need.