Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2022, 08:08 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still think the KP's compact design along with imaging quality, and with its special features, has the ability to and actually has drawn attention from potential high-end APS-C mirrorless customers. And this even without putting out the marketing that would attract yet more. It is that unique.

it remans the only Pentax DSLR model I've seen where the price of left over stock WENT UP after becoming a discontinued model! Such was and is its attractiveness. I don't think it detracts significantly from K-3 III sales. There are many DSLR users who prefer the more full-handed size and features of a K-3 II, and now K-3 III which is even more capable of holding its own performance-wise with a FF model, not to mention outstanding burst-shooting and AF capability.

---------- Post added 03-21-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I got one of the last brand new ones as they were closing out. $700 with the flashpoint flash. What a steal.
Wow! That's the right word!!

---------- Post added 03-21-22 at 08:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sidney Porter Quote
Same here
TWO very lucky guys! I got mine about a year after intro at around $800+ something, and with some extra goodies thrown in, and still consider what I paid to be a bargain for what it is. Less than another later, I got my second KP in another very good deal. I am very glad I went for it instead of waiting for the new upcoming flagship. It just suited my particular needs best.

---------- Post added 03-21-22 at 08:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Joetitch Quote
I want a new KP but FF. I know I'm dreaming.
Each has advantages. The best option is having both. But I hear what you re saying- a FF body with the KP's features and more compact style of design to a degree.

Last edited by mikesbike; 03-21-2022 at 08:23 PM.
03-22-2022, 12:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

New prices here in the UK remain steadfastly high. Retailers are certainly not rushing to cut prices in order to shift stock. My journey has come full circle: I've now picked up a 'like new' 35mm 2.8 macro and the 18-135mm - for the princely sum of £445. New, it would be close to £1100 after the recent prices increase. I do have my K-1 and the Limiteds, but my perfect travel kit is now complete. I'd once had the very same but sold it to fund some Limiteds for FF, but happy now to have it all back. Next stop, of course, is the 21 2.4 but that will have to wait until my bank account is once more at a healthier level. I agree that the KP is just the most fantastic camera and pairs so well with the K-1. Are we not just the luckiest to have such an amazing set of bodies and lenses at out disposal?
03-22-2022, 12:53 AM   #18
Unregistered User

Last December I paid €799 for a brand new one with the three grips and I am really enjoy using this camera
*I also now have the K1*
03-23-2022, 12:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote

Each has advantages. The best option is having both. But I hear what you re saying- a FF body with the KP's features and more compact style of design to a degree.
Oh but I do😁

03-29-2022, 07:12 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
yea, I think I recall them costing only $599 on the official website
That's exactly what I paid for both of mine one year apart during Black friday/Christmas sales. One still sits unused with 0 clicks.
That price is forever gone now except for a well used one.
03-31-2022, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just landed a dbg7 for $114aud in mint condition in the box with the large grip and instructions.😊😊😊
But crikey does it make it much bigger.
04-03-2022, 09:31 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just bought a like-new silver KP with 3,630 shutter count for $CAD 760 off Kijiji. All three grips and an extra battery, box and manuals etc. I set up a "saved search" on Kijiji and it took a few months before I got one I liked. There is one in Calgary right now for $CAD 550, but no box and shutter count 27,719.

04-03-2022, 10:23 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought the KP when it became obvious that an articulated screen would be omitted from the K-3iii. The KP is a very capable camera if used in AF-S with the viewfinder. I also like using its tilt screen LV with AF-C for fast focus point recompose - its tracking is perfect for LV off-centre portraits. However, the KP is not as comfortable to hold as my K-5ii. It also lacks IR, which is very useful for self group portraits and landscapes (I find using a cellphone as an IR replacement is clumsy by comparison). But I am not surprised that the KP is as sought-after as it is.
04-03-2022, 10:35 PM   #24

I have a K5-II, K3, KP, and a K-3iii. I gave my K5-II to my nephew. The K3 is collecting dust packed away in a closet. The K-3iii is a lemon. Worst mistake I ever made. My KP which I had packed away due to its frustratingly small buffer has been getting more and more use. As long as I don't have to capture an action sequence it is just fine.

I sort of wish I had bought 3 or 4 KP cameras when Pentax clearanced them off in the US instead of that K-3iii I ended up with.
04-03-2022, 10:59 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by idontstairs Quote
I have a K5-II, K3, KP, and a K-3iii. I gave my K5-II to my nephew. The K3 is collecting dust packed away in a closet. The K-3iii is a lemon. Worst mistake I ever made. My KP which I had packed away due to its frustratingly small buffer has been getting more and more use. As long as I don't have to capture an action sequence it is just fine.
I sort of wish I had bought 3 or 4 KP cameras when Pentax clearanced them off in the US instead of that K-3iii I ended up with.
Sorry to hear about the K3III...What is it about the camera that you are underwhelmed about?
04-04-2022, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Put it in the marketplace... and offer to take a KP in trade as part of the cost. I would bet you'd get some bites...
04-04-2022, 10:07 PM   #27

opticsplanet have brand new ones in stock, on their website and on ebay, but they want $1200 for it, i think its way too much, I got mine a month or 2 ago from usedphotopro with 80, eighty, clicks on it for $600, got lucky, its now my favorite camera.
04-06-2022, 07:11 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K-3iii is a lemon. Worst mistake I ever made.
Sorry to read that. I'd keep sending it in under warranty until it's fixed properly or replaced.
04-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #29
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by que es tu Quote
I still think it was a poor choice on Pentax’s part to discontinue the KP. It really seemed to fill a gap and meet certain needs of many photographers.
I agree.
04-25-2022, 07:43 AM   #30
Unregistered User

MPB Berlin have a like new one for 644 euros.
Gebraucht Pentax KP

*now sold*

Last edited by Unregistered User; 04-25-2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: update