Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2019, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #286
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for keeping this thread going, John. I always enjoy seeing what you are doing with your Theta.

06-14-2019, 04:12 AM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks for keeping this thread going, John. I always enjoy seeing what you are doing with your Theta.
Thanks, Mike. It's such a fun camera to play with!
06-18-2019, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #288
Veteran Member

Original Poster
06-20-2019, 03:44 AM   #289
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Ride to Allentown NJ
Theta, the action cam The bumpy parts of the path require more stabilising that what the camera can provide, though!

09-12-2019, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #290
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I recently purchased a Insta360 OneX from my brother. The still image quality is a step behind the Ricoh V but the video image quality (particularly the stabilization) is pretty incredible.

Note that the camera is directly mounted to the handlebars of a twin cylinder motorcycle! Impressive. The workflow, however, is pretty tedious, and I prefer the usability of the Theta.
09-24-2019, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #291
Veteran Member

From the Lowell Observatory: the telescope used to discover Pluto.
10-06-2019, 05:41 AM   #292
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I recently purchased a Insta360 OneX from my brother. The still image quality is a step behind the Ricoh V but the video image quality (particularly the stabilization) is pretty incredible.

Insta360 OneX motocycle test - YouTube

Note that the camera is directly mounted to the handlebars of a twin cylinder motorcycle! Impressive. The workflow, however, is pretty tedious, and I prefer the usability of the Theta.
That is indeed incredible stabilisation! And the video quality is way better than my old Theta S - but so would a Theta V be.

One thing I miss with the Theta line is the ability to change batteries and use memory cards. Not a problem in day-to-day use at home, but when travelling I'd like the option of carrying multiple batteries and cards. I guess a power bank and off-loading onto the phone is a workaround, though.

10-12-2019, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I thought you guys would be interested to know that we are using Thetas to build virtual tours of our work environments. This allows new employees to go on an induction tour, without entering a hazardous environment.
10-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #294
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
Hi, I thought you guys would be interested to know that we are using Thetas to build virtual tours of our work environments. This allows new employees to go on an induction tour, without entering a hazardous environment.
That is interesting indeed. Do you know what software is used to build the tours?

Of course, if one wants to "support" our favourite big brother it's possible to supply images for Google Street View, too. Add 50 or more images and (if you want to) you'll be added to Google's list of "Trusted Pro" 360 photographers. No, I'm not a Trusted Pro
10-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #295
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll check with the GIS department, and get back to you. It's a big, interactive tour that starts with a 360° drone panorama, on which you click on icons, to go to the individual Theta images.
10-15-2019, 04:35 AM - 1 Like   #296
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi people. I checked with our GIS department, and they are using Pano2 VR to build tours.
10-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #297
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi people. I checked with our GIS department, and they are using Pano2 VR to build tours.
Thanks! Looks like it can output html5, too.
11-18-2019, 10:40 PM   #298
Veteran Member

Which Theta model do they use?
11-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #299
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uday029 Quote
Which Theta model do they use?
At the moment we're using a Theta V, which is a replacement for a previous V that 'fell' with the tripod on top of it! Unfortunately the lenses are rather expensive to replace, and a new camera was the better option.

Depending on how demand for the tours goes, we are planning to get a Z in the new year.
11-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #300
Veteran Member

At the moment we're using a Theta V, which is a replacement for a previous V that 'fell' with the tripod on top of it! Unfortunately the lenses are rather expensive to replace, and a new camera was the better option.

Depending on how demand for the tours goes, we are planning to get a Z in the new year.
I have been considering getting Theta Z. Waiting for the price to drop a little.