Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #31
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here is a very detailed interview with Ricoh product developers that explains the origins of the product, which seems to date from before the Pentax acquisition. I also find the design details pretty interesting. The slim dual lens design is pretty clever.

It's quite long and in Japanese, but you can use Google translate to get the gist.
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/interview_dcm/20151218_735470.html

12-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #32
Veteran Member

We opened our Solstice Holiday gifts early and I got the Theta S I was asking for! My husband is too good to me. <3

Can't wait to get some shots and share 'em!

Edit: @johnmflores How do you embed the 360-degree images? I can only get them to show up as an ugly old link. -_-

Last edited by severalsnakes; 12-18-2015 at 09:12 PM.
12-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
We opened our Solstice Holiday gifts early and I got the Theta S I was asking for! My husband is too good to me. <3

Can't wait to get some shots and share 'em!

Edit: @johnmflores How do you embed the 360-degree images? I can only get them to show up as an ugly old link. -_-
Congrats! To embed the image:
  1. post to Theta360.com
  2. pick up the string at the end of the url, after .com and after /s/
  3. past the string here and surround it with opening and closing "spherical" tags, i.e.,
HTML Code:
[spherical]tag from theta360.com[/spherical]
That should be it. Adam has made it easy.

Looking forward to you photos!
12-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Haha! Looky there! Thanks very much! :-)

Theta Image

Just a quick shot last night after we opened all of our presents. Early. Because we're in our 30s and don't have any kids, so we do whatever we want.

12-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Theta Image

Theta Image
12-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great to see that there are now two of us posting! Hope more join in the fun!

Theta Image
12-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Here are couple of my 1st shots. Loving my Theta so far. Just wish there was an easier way to share images with the masses.

Theta Image

Theta Image

12-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Have you guys seen that Flickr now supports 360-degree panos, including Theta images? The panning is not as classy as on the Theta360 website, but it's better than nothing!

I just uploaded the image and Flickr automatically "knew" it was a 360!
12-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Three of us! There are now three of us!

---------- Post added 12-20-15 at 10:50 PM ----------

Have you guys seen that Flickr now supports 360-degree panos, including Theta images? The panning is not as classy as on the Theta360, but it's better than nothing!

I just uploaded the image and Flickr automatically "knew" it was a 360!
Did not notice. That's cool! Hopefully others will offer support too. Like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... Ricoh's not the only one in this market so maybe it will happen.
12-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Theta Image

In this one I was playing around with the manual exposure settings (which I'm REALLY looking forward to using for some night sky shots!), trying to play around with motion...

Theta Image
12-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Theta Image
12-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Addicting, isn't it?

Looks like you are processing the files. How do you find their malleability?
12-22-2015, 07:38 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Addicting, isn't it?

Looks like you are processing the files. How do you find their malleability?
It ain't no 20mp K-S2 game, but it's alright. ;-) The HDR setting (via app) is pretty killer - trying to bring out that DR in post is pretty challenging. I was fortunate to borrow an OG Theta from @dfromal this summer, and the Theta S is clearly the superior performer in low light/artificial light, but, like I said, it ain't no K-S2. The files are probably, honestly, even less workable than the shots from my tiny Sony Cyber Shot WX350 and less workable even than a shot from my smart phone (Note 4), but the IQ takes a backseat to the interactivity and fun factor, which absolutely cannot be matched. I'm looking forward to longer days and more thrilling venues for this little guy. Honestly, I also think a "selfie stick" will change the world for my application.
12-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It ain't no 20mp K-S2 game, but it's alright. ;-) The HDR setting (via app) is pretty killer - trying to bring out that DR in post is pretty challenging. I was fortunate to borrow an OG Theta from @dfromal this summer, and the Theta S is clearly the superior performer in low light/artificial light, but, like I said, it ain't no K-S2. The files are probably, honestly, even less workable than the shots from my tiny Sony Cyber Shot WX350 and less workable even than a shot from my smart phone (Note 4), but the IQ takes a backseat to the interactivity and fun factor, which absolutely cannot be matched. I'm looking forward to longer days and more thrilling venues for this little guy. Honestly, I also think a "selfie stick" will change the world for my application.
Yeah, it looks a step above my M15 even. My wallet does not like that.
12-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #45
Veteran Member

I'm immortalizing the mundane, but I'm OK with that....

Theta Image