Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-24-2017, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Theta V is shipping

Theta V has been shipping (at least from Amazon) for a few days. Does anyone have one?

09-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My B&H order still says "processing". -_-
09-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
My B&H order still says "processing". -_-
It will probably ship tomorrow. B&H has been celebrating Rosh Hashanah. I am still on the fence for the new model so I am anxious to hear what forum members think of the Theta V. You, Severalsnakes (love the name!), usually have interesting posts and observations. Hope you get yours soon.
09-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It will probably ship tomorrow. B&H has been celebrating Rosh Hashanah. I am still on the fence for the new model so I am anxious to hear what forum members think of the Theta V. You, Severalsnakes (love the name!), usually have interesting posts and observations. Hope you get yours soon.
Thanks! I'm a long-time "Single In" participant, so assuming it gets here before October 1, I'll give it a full month of rigorous testing. :-)

It seems like a minor boost to (still) image quality, but V claims to have better (stitching) software and max ISO increased to 6400, so I think it's worth an upgrade.

(My Theta S will be put up for sale; first dibs are still open!)

09-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Thanks! I'm a long-time "Single In" participant, so assuming it gets here before October 1, I'll give it a full month of rigorous testing. :-)

It seems like a minor boost to (still) image quality, but V claims to have better (stitching) software and max ISO increased to 6400, so I think it's worth an upgrade.

(My Theta S will be put up for sale; first dibs are still open!)
Didn't they slightly decrease the effective resolution? This may hint at lower noise, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Once the waterproof housing is available,the V becomes a pretty fun little toy!