Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2018, 02:03 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Mini earth videos with theta?

Maybe this is as simple as 1 2 3 but I am not figuring it out... I've never worked video but I've been marvelled by the theta for doing funny segments with the kids... And now I managed to stumble across a new theta V for ~$250 and I could not resist... I managed to create mini earth photos quite easily but what do I need to create the videos?

03-28-2018, 03:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting idea. Have you checked the theta360 website?
11-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
Maybe this is as simple as 1 2 3 but I am not figuring it out... I've never worked video but I've been marvelled by the theta for doing funny segments with the kids... And now I managed to stumble across a new theta V for ~$250 and I could not resist... I managed to create mini earth photos quite easily but what do I need to create the videos?
This is quite easy to do with the (free) software for the Insta cameras. It supports Theta videos (once you have sent it through the Theta program) and is really very easy to use.

The software (scroll down to the Insta360 STUDIO section): Insta360 360 Camera - Insta360, the leader in 360 cameras

This how-to video is easy to follow and explains most of the features:

Here's a (sloooow-going) explanation including the convertion from a "two halves" video that comes straight out of the theta to the standard 360 format:

I believe this demo was made with the Insta360 software (and a Theta S):