Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Issues when trying to connect to Theta V

For some reason, I suddenly can't connect to my Theta V. It shows up fine in the list on my phone, and password is correct too, but 29 out of 30 times, it wont connect.

It doesn't say anything until I try to access it. That's when it says I need to connect to it first. But when I check the WIFI list again, it says I'm connected.

Does anyone know what could be going on? I think it started when I got my new phone (Huawei Mate Pro 10) but I'm not sure.

3 Days Ago   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

READ EDIT BELOW..I'd like to help but I am not sure what the issue is. I have had this problem intermittently with two different Samsung phones. I generally can connect eventually. I am not sure what it is. I think there is something with having wifi enabled on your phone. I have not used the Theta in a few weeks so I do not remember for sure but I think it works when I turn off wifi. I discovered this when I could not connect at home but it worked fine in the desert (no wifi).

EDIT I think I had that backwards the problem is a conflict with your cell phone connection. I remember now that I discovered the solution when I was able to connect it to a tablet which has no cell connection. Try turning off roaming or something similar. Whatever it is it is annoying. I wish I could be clearer here but I have not used the Theta for awhile.
3 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Update to my last message. I just checked the Theta V and my Samsung Note 8.
I had to turn off the option to access the internet through my mobile connection. Maybe your phone has a similar option which is interfering with the connection. Hope this helps.
1 Day Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.

However, I've found the root of the problem, which was caused by an ad-blocker app I'm using. I don't know why, but Theta app was removed from the blockers white list, which I had it added to some time ago.

I think I read about this back then and have since forgotten all about it, because I really don't associate those two things together.

Edit: Off-topic question: during all this, I've re-installed Theta app, to see if that would help. Re-installing the app meant it no longer sees the photos I already have on my phone, but they are all within the same folder on the phone. Is there a way to get them to show up within the app?