Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How to connect a Theta V to a bluetooth selfie stick?

The documentation I have found so far for the Theta V explains how to switch on Bluetooth, but doesn't explain how to pair the Theta V with any other device. I have bought a selfie stick which I want to use with the Theta V, but I need to find a way to pair the two devices. At the moment I have managed to pair the selfie stick with the phone. Provided that the Theta app is running, I can then use the bluetooth button on the selfie stick to trigger the shutter release on the app which in turn triggers the shutter release on the Theta V by Wifi. I have to juggle the phone and the selfie stick which kind of defeats the purpose. I have enabled bluetooth on the Theta V, but I can't pair it to the phone, nor can I pair the Theta V to the selfie stick.

Is there some combination of buttons on the Theta V which tells it to pair with another device? Has anyone successfully paired a Theta V with anything else using Bluetooth?

01-20-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I haven't figured that out either. Would be nice.
01-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I haven't figured that out either. Would be nice.
Glad I'm not the only one wondering!
01-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
But I guess nobody has an answer to this one?