Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2019, 03:10 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Theta SC won't power on

I bought a new-in-box Theta SC off a seller on 'the internet', charged it via a mobile phone charger from a wall socket with the cable that came with the camera. It's fully charged, but still will not power on when I push the power button.

The instruction manual says it should be charged via a PC. Might I have destroyed the battery when charging it directly from a wall socket?

07-20-2019, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Delete this message and send it back for refund....
07-20-2019, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A battery won't take more power than it needs while charging so a wall charger shouldn't harm it.
07-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's what I thought as well. It's worse to charge it too slowly, right?

07-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did the power button on the side of the camera light up while you were charging it? If not, then perhaps there's a loose connection somewhere.

My observation has been that the Theta is a little bit picky when it comes to cables. If one doesn't work, try another.

I have charged mine using both a wall charger and a PC, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if newer 25W+ chargers would break the camera, but I doubt it since USB is a standard, after all.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Did the power button on the side of the camera light up while you were charging it? If not, then perhaps there's a loose connection somewhere.
It did light up, it seemed to charge properly.

QuoteQuote:
My observation has been that the Theta is a little bit picky when it comes to cables. If one doesn't work, try another.
I might try another cable, and see if that'll work better. Thank you for your help!