Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2019, 05:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Editing workflow tips?

I am new to the Thetas and bought a used SC to try it out and see if I use a 360 camera a lot.

A little confused on the editing though. I have downloaded the IOS App and also installed the Windows Theta software.

But now I am looking for some experienced input on the best way of taking photos, editing them etc to get the best out of the Theta. Any help would be appreciated!

11-09-2019, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I am using the SC too. My Edit workflow as see below:

- install Ricoh Theta App on phone - for config phone and camera setting, photo taking, photo transferring etc
- install Theta+ App on phone - for image editing
- after capture an image, I use Ricoh Theta App to view and when I find image I want to edit, while viewing the image, tap on the 3 vertical dots top right hand and select "edit in Theta+"
- the image will open in Theta+ app and you can start edit image in there.
- when done with the editing, tap the check mark on the top right and tab the icon on the lower left to save or share the image.

for still image, I usually compost my shot using Theta+ (round earth, small planet type of composition) and I prefer to post-process (light, color, sharpen, etc) in another app (Adobe Lightroom Mobile). Because I think theta+ is doing a bad job post processing jpg file from my SC.

Personally, I think the UI of both app need a lot more getting used to from the user. It is confusing as hell at first for me too. I wish everything can be done in Ricoh Theta App instead of jumping between Ricoh Theta and Theta+ .

Last edited by tokyoscape; 11-09-2019 at 10:27 PM.
11-15-2019, 02:36 AM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
I am using the SC too. My Edit workflow as see below:

- install Ricoh Theta App on phone - for config phone and camera setting, photo taking, photo transferring etc
- install Theta+ App on phone - for image editing
- after capture an image, I use Ricoh Theta App to view and when I find image I want to edit, while viewing the image, tap on the 3 vertical dots top right hand and select "edit in Theta+"
- the image will open in Theta+ app and you can start edit image in there.
- when done with the editing, tap the check mark on the top right and tab the icon on the lower left to save or share the image.

for still image, I usually compost my shot using Theta+ (round earth, small planet type of composition) and I prefer to post-process (light, color, sharpen, etc) in another app (Adobe Lightroom Mobile). Because I think theta+ is doing a bad job post processing jpg file from my SC.

Personally, I think the UI of both app need a lot more getting used to from the user. It is confusing as hell at first for me too. I wish everything can be done in Ricoh Theta App instead of jumping between Ricoh Theta and Theta+ .
Thanks! This is seems like a good process to start from!