Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 94 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 11:26 PM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
I use a Z1 provided by Richo team which was in the classroom that day. It is a pro level, and I didn't expect to see a blur like that too. I guess It is my fall pointing the top of the camera at the model. I should have it a bit higher so the lens can capture him at a better angle.
Ah, if it's an area where the camera is stitching the data from the two lenses, that would be a problem.
The latest version of Theta+ seems to have disabled saving landscape format still photos. As soon as I press the save button, it switches to portrait.

12-07-2019, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #62
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Ah, if it's an area where the camera is stitching the data from the two lenses, that would be a problem..
Yes, you're right.
This is another one right after. I point it up a bit so the top of camera point upward.

12-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes! The second one is better.
12-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Yes, you're right.
This is another one right after. I point it up a bit so the top of camera point upward.
Was it a theta gathering?

12-11-2019, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #65
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Was it a theta gathering?
It was the Adobe MAX pre conference class in Yokohama with Russell Brown who has been a key contributor to the Photoshop’s (desktop) development since its very first version and now with the first version on mobile device, iPad. He is also very interesting in 360 photography and a Theta Z1 user. He regularly mentions Theta on his channel and I remember saw Ricoh use his 360 video somewhere too. I think it is a good choice for Ricoh working with a well known guy like Russell to promote its 360 camera.

In this class, he helps introduce Ricoh Theta team to us and Ricoh provide Z1 to use in the class which Russell teach us how to take 360 photos the right way and poss process images in LightRoom Mobile and later edit them in Photoshop iPad. He also helps bring in a developer to do raw images stitching on mobile phone. It looks like Ricoh doesn't have a working app to do raw stitching yet? Theta+ seem to do only JPG. At the end of that day, he shows another Adobe product, Aero which Adobe works with Ricoh. It can directly import a 360 file from Ricoh Theta to create a VR on mobile device.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 12-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.
12-18-2019, 07:26 AM - 1 Like   #66

This summer I got myself a Theta V and it's fun to use ... it really opens up a lot of new creative possibilities that I could not unlock with buying another lens for my DSLR. Unfortunately it is very challenging to share content with others.
  • I found the mobile app working quite well (iPhone) and ended up doing most the editing on my phone (little planets). This works great to post on e.g. Instagram ... the app is also great for viewing the content.
  • The desktop applications (Mac) are more cumbersome and never got it to work to edit or view anything.
  • I have never subscribed to theta360.com as you need Facebook or Twitter to login.

What I found to be one of the greatest features of the Theta V ... is creating spherical video clips. The quality is quite OK and can easily be shared with YouTube (either public or private). Check out my channel for some clips in my 'Ricoh Theta V' playlist: click here

Two samples on Instagram:
02-28-2021, 03:19 AM - 4 Likes   #67

Theta Z1 for Landscape Photography

Hello All. I realize this is an old thread ... but the thread title caught my attention.

I am primarily a landscape photographer (enthusiast/dedicated hobbyist) and have recently purchased a Theta Z1. I will be using it to augment my landscape and astro photography.

I hope to reach others who are doing the same and start discussions about what works/does not work using the Theta series for landscape & astro. As noted in another post, composing in 360 is very different ...

Attached are a few of the images I've created to date. Be well and stay safe.

Last edited by gel56; 05-04-2021 at 03:14 AM.
02-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #68
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gel56 Quote
I am primarily a landscape photographer (enthusiast/dedicated hobbyist) and have recently purchased a Theta Z1. I will be using it to augment my landscape and astro photography.
Nice pics! There seems to be a lot more detail coming from the Z1 than the Theta V.
02-28-2021, 07:36 PM - 2 Likes   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I have posted very few Theta images in "street view" form, but rather as variation over the tiny planet theme.

...or inside out:

...or fishy:

...or something slightly more twisted:

Wow I never saw anything like this, Fantastic ! I just got my first Fisheye lens (a Canon 15mm f2.8 Used), but I don't think it will ever go this far. It's raining cats and dogs down here so i'm still waiting to try out my new lens. I will have to look further into these Theta cameras though, seems like a lot of fun...
03-01-2021, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #70
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Wow I never saw anything like this, Fantastic ! I just got my first Fisheye lens (a Canon 15mm f2.8 Used), but I don't think it will ever go this far. It's raining cats and dogs down here so i'm still waiting to try out my new lens. I will have to look further into these Theta cameras though, seems like a lot of fun...
Thanks Yes, the Theta is fisheye on steroids Once you get your head around how it works (conceptually) it has a lot of creative potential. And it can be immensely fun.
03-10-2021, 08:03 AM - 3 Likes   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shot with Theta SC2
Attached Images

03-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #72
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
Shot with Theta SC2
I hadn't really thought of using the Theta for astro photography Refreshing shot - it certainly puts the "tiny planet" in a fitting context.
03-10-2021, 02:44 PM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
Shot with Theta SC2
Wow! I've never managed to get anything useful out of my Theta V in low light.
03-12-2021, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #74
Veteran Member

I picked up a lightly used s today for peanuts. Still figuring it our. From today’s dog walk
Attached Images

03-12-2021, 08:24 PM - 3 Likes   #75

Attachment 527979
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I picked up a lightly used s today for peanuts. Still figuring it our. From today’s dog walk
Nicely done! Still figuring out the Z1 myself. The rules for composing an image in 360 are a bit different, right? Having a light stand to get the camera 10 feet off the ground helps a lot.

Last edited by gel56; 07-17-2021 at 01:17 PM.