Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Virtual Tours - workflow and software?

Hi. I am an owner of theta Z1. I use it to make virtual tours. Does anyone here on the forum makes VT? It would be great to here about workflow and software of other users. I need to learn a lot

10-30-2019, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi There, I'm not involved myself, but our GIS department builds virtual tours from Theta images. They use Pano2 VR
10-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
Hi There, I'm not involved myself, but our GIS department builds virtual tours from Theta images. They use Pano2 VR
Thank you for the answer. I will google it.
10-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
Yes, I do some VR and 360 panos and Pano2VR is the best around for that. It you want to upgrade to higher resolution panos using DSLR (K5, K3, K1...) and fisheyes the preferred stitching software is PTGui - the best around - lot's of fun.

11-01-2019, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Yes, I do some VR and 360 panos and Pano2VR is the best around for that. It you want to upgrade to higher resolution panos using DSLR (K5, K3, K1...) and fisheyes the preferred stitching software is PTGui - the best around - lot's of fun.
Thanks for the answer. I use K-70 with 8mm samyang and nodal ninja equipment for 360. New theta Z-1 is a lot faster when you don't need the DSLR resolution. I need to check this Pano2VR. Thank you for the answer.
11-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Thanks for the answer. I use K-70 with 8mm samyang and nodal ninja equipment for 360. New theta Z-1 is a lot faster when you don't need the DSLR resolution. I need to check this Pano2VR. Thank you for the answer.
You're welcome, send me a PM if you need more info. Consider bracketing your shots too, 5 at least so you can cover all the range, the K70 does that and your fisheye is great too.
01-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What solution did you end up using?
05-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #8
Pentaxian

about to jump in on this

I'm about to go all-in on this...

I'm going to be losing my job in a month, and there's a pretty decent real estate market in my area, and not a ton of people who do 360 tours..

I contacted a few friends (and non-friend contacts) I know in real estate and there is a huge amount of interest, so I bought a Theta -V and subscribed to the Ricoh Tours website so everything can be hosted right there.

I'm really going to hit this hard, I'm currently making a site on Square to allow booking... and I really need to make this work at least for the short term.. so here goes!

05-12-2020, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote

I'm going to be losing my job in a month, and there's a pretty decent real estate market in my area, and not a ton of people who do 360 tours..

I contacted a few friends (and non-friend contacts) I know in real estate and there is a huge amount of interest, so I bought a Theta -V and subscribed to the Ricoh Tours website so everything can be hosted right there.

I'm really going to hit this hard, I'm currently making a site on Square to allow booking... and I really need to make this work at least for the short term.. so here goes!
Best of Luck to you! In this ever changing world we need to be able to utilise new technology to our advantage
05-13-2020, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Good luck. Nice to see a person with drive.
05-15-2020, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Thanks!
Yea I've been scraping by doing photography "on the side" for the last 25 years.. Now my job is going away and well.. I can give this a whirl and go full bore while I'm on unemployment and see if I can get it to take off.
05-15-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Thanks!
Yea I've been scraping by doing photography "on the side" for the last 25 years.. Now my job is going away and well.. I can give this a whirl and go full bore while I'm on unemployment and see if I can get it to take off.
I looked at your gallery and some of the other photos you have posted and I'm impressed.

It is a funny old world we live in and sometimes things that don't seem so great initially happen, but they can also provide an opportunity to go after other challenges. You sound motivated and I've always believed that a positive, go get 'em attitude can make a significant difference.

Best wishes in your endeavors !

Les
05-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I looked at your gallery and some of the other photos you have posted and I'm impressed.

It is a funny old world we live in and sometimes things that don't seem so great initially happen, but they can also provide an opportunity to go after other challenges. You sound motivated and I've always believed that a positive, go get 'em attitude can make a significant difference.

Best wishes in your endeavors !

Les
I appreciate that..
Our company gave us word April 29th, that we'd be terminated June 19th. So... it feels like a surreal, slow-motion Indiana Jones style boulder rolling toward us.
This could be a bread-and-butter income generator for me. I talked to my son about doing virtual tours, he wants to get into it with me. (He's 16)
I do a lot of other paid photo work, as my my "day job" and available free time permit. But now it's a good chance for me to say "I've always talked about doing this for a living" --I'm being pushed out of a job I never quite saw as being the job I stayed at for as long as I have (19+ years) ... sooooo time to really see if I can make something out of it.

I'm still working my current job, but I've taken time off since I got the camera to do a few test runs with the Theta V. And a full property tour. It's not the same quality you'd get if you shot a tour with a DSLR and a wide-angle lens and stitched them together from that -> But on a cell phone (which is folks' devices of choice these days) you cannot really tell much difference. (Looking at the tours on a high-res screen like on a PC, you can see the difference one would expect from 1-shot, smaller sensor vs. 4-6 shots with a wide angle on a DSLR.. But it doesn't upset me in the least.

I've even gotten some artistic stuff done with it.
I'll leave it at that for now. The realtor friend I did the tour for, was on the phone with a realtor from another agency at the time I was shooting, and he was already getting inquiries on how to contact me... So.. This is encouraging.
05-31-2020, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done and all the best.Go to the Pano2VR site, they just started great webinars that will interest you. They are the best in the field... Webinars - Garden Gnome