Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Z1 battery behavior

Sometimes, this little black obelisk is just as mysterious as the symbolic obelisks of "2001: A Space Odyssey." Like yesterday, when I discovered another way the Z1 differs from every other camera or computer I own. When left turned on and unattended, it won't time out and turn itself off. So if you're driving, say, 75 miles for an important virtual tour job, your fully charged Theta will be dead flat when you arrive. Hypothetically. I've tested it since and watched it drop about one percent per minute. Yes, sitting in "on" status, it loses charge at the same rate that it recharges! It gets worse- I've been timing it for 11 hours and it's lost 8% in 11 hours, turned "off!"

This is an even bigger problem for the first camera I've owned where battery changes are impossible.

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong here, I will thank you profusely and forgive the camera...

08-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here you go:
RICOH THETA Z1 - User Guide

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
360, battery, camera, hours, ricoh theta, spherical, theta, z1