Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2021, 12:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dual Fisheye plug-in

Hello all,

I've been using the Dual Fisheye plug-in to expand the dynamic range of my Theta Z1 shots, and like it very much. One downside however, is the lack of support in the Theta remote app for the plug-in. There is a fine DualFisheye Plugin Remote app which works fine, but it doesn't show an image the way the Theta remote app does.

In the new firmware 2.00.1 release note I read:
QuoteQuote:
It is now possible to select the options “Noise reduction”, “HDR rendering”, and “Handheld HDR” even when the file format is set to “RAW (DNG) + JPEG” in the still image mode of the RICOH THETA Z1.

You can take RAW (DNG) images with less noise by selecting “Noise reduction”.

When “HDR rendering” or “Handheld HDR” is selected, RAW (DNG) images with a wide dynamic range can be recorded
My phone being an Android, the app doesn't support this yet, but I wonder whether if anyone compared the plugin results to this RAW DNG with HDR rendering. The DualFisheye results in a true HDR DNG file with all the DR of up to 9 exposures, does this new option do sth similar?

06-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just noticed that the Android app does allow Handheld HDR now, so I'll be able to test myself. I'll make a few shots that I'll process this week-end if I find the time... That way I'll compare the various HDR modes, and see what suits best.