Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2021, 09:02 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The only problem is that you are saying there is no problem by ignoring the circumstances where shutter shock can manifest as a problem, and then offering as proof images that were not taken under those conditions.
Bless your heart.

---------- Post added May 31st, 2021 at 03:41 PM ----------

It seems to be a given that DPReview is going to do their level best to find whatever weaknesses they can in Pentax gear and then exploit them to the best of their ability.
Sometimes, as with the supposed green fringing of the D FA* 50/1.4 "issue", they seem quite happy to outright lie to invent an issue.

With the Pentax APS-C cameras that I have used, avoiding 1/15 to 1/125 of a second while shooting on a light tripod seems to be the necessary measure to avoid what I have found to be a very real manifestation.
Considering that I rarely shoot anything in that speed range, it isn't a big deal, and now it's even less of a deal since I have moved on from APS-C, and the K1 with the tripod I am now using doesn't seem to have any problems with shutter shake or mirror slap.

In the case of the K3III and shutter shock, they may not be being completely dishonest, but if the camera behaves anything like how the K3 behaves, they are not being fully honest, and they are giving a lot of circumstantial evidence that they have a garbage test bench procedure.
Thank you for clarification, I値l take my carbon fibre and my cinema tripod with more heavy set and try 1/30 of second, I値l try to make the subject more interesting thou. But I値l reduce it to macro and I値l use single shot as well as 2 second delay and that m.up. Just to make sure. I will post one photo and IF there should be any problem, I値l post that too.

06-01-2021, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Yes,

I did put it on tripod, carbon Benro with DヨRR XB-45 ball head.

In short. I shot from 1/30 to 1/160 of the second. DA*55 and I left SR on in some shots and did trigger from shutter button. No self timer. I used M.up and single frame shooting. I even deliberatelly left SR on in some shots(was not as bad as I would have thought) and quess what. Ones with SR on were the worst. Then there was difference of f top, because with faster shutter I had to open it up. Then there was question of amount of Dof and the fact that DA*55 is not very sharp in pixel level when it is open up.

Conclusion: Guys left SR on by accident and try to blame the camera. Because that kind of resamble the picture shown by DPR.

( I have images and will shoose between best and worse, and I will not test it with more sturdy tripod, as it would not make any sense and Idon't really have lust and time for this kind of stuff, as it appears to be clear case already.
06-01-2021, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Conclusion: Guys left SR on by accident and try to blame the camera. Because that kind of resamble the picture shown by DPR.
That can be verified in EXIF - and the SR was actually off.
06-01-2021, 02:11 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Did they use the 2 second delay as well?

06-01-2021, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Did they use the 2 second delay as well?
Yes, they indeed used the 2 second timer. I checked on the ISO 100 RAW.
06-01-2021, 02:23 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
So, that is something else. I have not yet been able to reproduse shaky stuff, not with tripod either, unless it was shaky anyway(operator error).

And this is why I'm inclining operator error, or it could be faulty unit too?
06-01-2021, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
And this is why I'm inclining operator error, or it could be faulty unit too?
Or it could be their exact setup - lens model and tripod included.
It doesn't feel like they'd be willing to investigate their setup though (they didn't for the D780 either). I expect a lengthy talk about shutter shake in their full review...