Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
03-29-2021, 07:25 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Ricoh / Pentax K-3 III

I just heard from my dealer that Ricoh requested that they remove the pre-order link to the new APS-C and the information that they showed, such as a picture of the camera. On the 31st of March at 8:00 European time news about the release would made known.
I got the message that my pre-order was cancelled due to the fact that camera was no longer available, but that seemed to be an automatic message resulting from removing all the information on the camera from their website.

03-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #2

It is still available on kamera express, and in voorraad
03-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #3

That makes sense. They did say end of the month and major retailers in the us like bnh and adorama won't be up and running (at least customer service) till tomorrow.
03-30-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
That makes sense. They did say end of the month and major retailers in the us like bnh and adorama won't be up and running (at least customer service) till tomorrow.
B&H (at least) is on holiday for Passover. There may be a delay going live for that, unless they have already prepared for this to go live while the business is closed.

Funny enough, B&H was on holiday for Passover when the K-1 was released so those of us with B&H preorders had our orders ship out a few days after everyone else.

03-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
Neither B&H nor Adorama seems to be working during Passover.
B&H says that when you log on - then I got a message {saying it would be shipped on Monday} when I attempted to purchase something from Adorama.
03-30-2021, 09:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Neither B&H nor Adorama seems to be working during Passover.
B&H says that when you log on - then I got a message {saying it would be shipped on Monday} when I attempted to purchase something from Adorama.
If you click on Adorama's schedule information after the banner, you can see that their phone orders and customer support are open from Tuesday morning (today) through 1600 EDT on Friday. They're not shipping anything, and I think the retail location is closed. It's not clear if they would be loading new merchandise into the system with their "customer support" team or if that's beyond their scope. I doubt that either will have different pricing than what the Ricoh US store sells for initially, so I think we can check that pricing and then patiently wait until next week to place our preorders.
03-30-2021, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a black square on the UK SRS site saying RESERVED - New Product Coming Soon - as they are the main UK Pentax dealer, one can't help wondering...

03-30-2021, 04:45 PM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

apparently this is the thread to be reading

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Translation:

The PENTAX K-3 Mark III as a body-only camera (black or silver) will be available at the end of April 2021, at a suggested retail price of €1,999 including VAT.

For the launch, two Premium Kits limited to 1,000 units (worldwide and per colour, black or silver), including an additional D-LI90 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a D-BG8 multi-function power grip and a large leather strap with the camera logo, are offered at a suggested retail price of €2,299 including VAT.

The suggested retail price for the D-BG8 multi-function power grip is €329 incl. VAT, the K-BC177E quick battery charger kit is €129.99 incl. VAT and the D-BC177 USB charger is €79.99 incl. VAT.

This is the Pentax K-3 Mark III - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com

and there is this from Ole:
QuoteQuote:
K-3 Mark III Complete Specs
For your reading enjoyment I have provided the specifications as provided by Ricoh, with a few additions and clarifications pilfered from elsewhere in Ricoh's documentation. There are still some unknowns (GPS/Astrotracer support, tethering, and more) - I guess we'll have to wait for the user's manual in order to get the complete picture.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/422343-k-3-mark-iii-compl...#ixzz6qhxswalF

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-31-2021 at 09:35 AM.
04-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #9

This new camera certainly has a very impressive specification.
However, at that price I don't think I'll be making the move as I've still not got fully conversant with my K1ii !
Time will tell !
04-18-2021, 09:53 PM   #10

I will be ordered soon !
04-19-2021, 12:42 AM   #11

How much of an upgrade do you notice changing body? I have a (second-hand) K-S2 and a collection of lenses. It takes really great photos, but the AF does sometimes drive me mad!
04-19-2021, 04:35 AM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Landak Quote
How much of an upgrade do you notice changing body? I have a (second-hand) K-S2 and a collection of lenses. It takes really great photos, but the AF does sometimes drive me mad!
the forum, in addition to owners' reviews and in depth reviews, has this nice side by side comparison tool

[ all of the above can be found under " cameras " above

Pentax K-3 III vs. Pentax K-S2 vs. Pentax K-3 II vs. Pentax K-70 - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

the K-S2 came out several years ago and was " an entry Level " camera

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-19-2021 at 05:05 AM.
05-31-2021, 04:05 AM   #13
Pentaxian

DPReview added K-3 III to the studio comparison tool.

The images are very blurry and have tons of CA.

I expect quite a stir coming...
05-31-2021, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

As expected. Once again we'll tell them there's an obvious problem with their images, and they'll reshoot them.
I hope this time they won't base their review's conclusion on the incorrect images.
By the way, higher ISOs are sharper than lower ones:
Attached Images

05-31-2021, 05:00 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Unfortunate that they didn't really check them before posting, do they manually focus or use live view I wonder, in any case this isn't the first time this has happened. But IMO the KP has still the best high ISO for APSC, well up to useable values anyway. I thought the K-70 = KP but now that I compare it is behind a stop or so. It looks like the K-3 III and KP are less than a stop behind the A7 III so very impressive.