Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 123 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #76
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
I preordered the black special edition from B&H last night and the order is confirmed. Does this mean I will get it or do we have to wait how long to know? I have been wanting a K-3 for so long and now the stars aligned for me to be able to get this exciting camera.
I believe that you are in line at B H

whether you get one depends on how many B H gets

Remember that folks in Australia and Europe had the ability to pre-order before we did

Only 1,000 of each of the specials were made

you could " chat " with B H to confirm

Good luck

I'm in line at Adorama for the Silver Special version

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-08-2021 at 07:23 AM.
04-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Aslyfox, I was afraid of that. I was hoping they knew how many they would have and would confirm the order if they had it. I'll try to call them in the morning just to check.
04-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #78
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Aslyfox, I was afraid of that. I was hoping they knew how many they would have and would confirm the order if they had it. I'll try to call them in the morning just to check.
if you learn any secrets

let the rest of us know

if you learn rumors

tell us any way
04-08-2021, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In Australia... I have no doubt there is an initial allocation... so we would not be taking from other countries initial allocation. I would also expect that they are only selling stock they know they are getting (limited edition kits that is).

Also... from an australian perspective.... we are not "in line" so to say.... we have purchased and paid for one of the limited kits. Maybe your retail practises are "looser" in the US..... I doubt this though.... I expect your reputable retailers would be selling you one of their allocation. I'm not sure where the doubt is comimg from on this matter?

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-08-2021 at 06:12 PM.
04-08-2021, 06:10 PM   #80
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
In Australia... I have no doubt there is an initial allocation... so we would not be taking from other countries initial allocation. I would also expect that they are only selling stock they know they are getting (limited edition kits that is)

Also... from an australian perspective.... we are not "in line" so to say.... we have purchased and paid for one of the limited kits. Maybe your retail practises are "looser" in the US..... I doubt this though.... I expect your reputable retailers would be selling you one of their allocation. I'm not sure where the doubt is comimg from on this matter?
I hope you are correct

in the US, they became available for pre-order on April 6 at 4 PM US Central Daylight Savings Time as far as I know

and I completed my pre-order of the Silver Special Edition from Adorama at 4:06 PM as noted by the confirming email

my doubt comes from not getting any solid answer from the vendor as to what they are getting from Ricoh, I asked and got no answer, and no response to where I stood in line with the vendor

To be clear I am not saying any purchaser did anything wrong

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-08-2021 at 06:32 PM.
04-08-2021, 08:18 PM - 2 Likes   #81
Pentaxian

Just as a note.
In Australia, we are ordering direct form the importer, so they actually knew exactly how many they had ordered. So if ordering from a Store, that then has to put it's orders through to it's countries importer / supplier, the Store taking the pre-order may have no idea if they will get the amount the want from the Importer , unless they had prearranged qty's with the importer.

Rest assured, each countries importer would have had a maximum number of initial stock they could order, and just because some pre-ordered before others, the act that we are in different countries will not have an effect on orders made in other countries, at least, not until the camera is discontinued, and they are running out the stock line, (IE just like the current KP)

Also..

The only thing that CAN'T be ordered here in Australia now, is the Black Premium Kit, it is listed as "NO STOCK" , Which I understand means , that's all the Black premium kits allotted to Australia have been pre-ordered, and you cannot place an order for one anymore
You can still Pre-order here in Australia, the Silver Premium Kit, the Silver Body only, the Black Body only, and the Battery Grip D-BG8.

So that means, here in Australia, the Qty of those that CRK had initially ordered have not been completely pre-ordered at this time.

Last Year at this same time, During the release of the DFA*85/F1.4 , I missed getting my pre-order in with the Easter special, I contacted them to see if they were able to take my order and wait until the next shipment arrived, which I could, but my price would be determined on the next order pricing, which was $300.00AUD higher than the original price .

One of the reasons I had been watching the Australian webstore everyday , and jumped the moment I could.
04-09-2021, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, I just got off the line to B&H and their representative told me that my confirmed order means that I will get the premium kit when it ships, he wasn't guaranteeing it would ship on any specific date but that I will get the kit when it does ship.
Aslyfox, I hope Adorama pulls through for you.

04-09-2021, 06:56 AM   #83
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

unfortunately this is what Adorama Chat just told me when I asked about my back ordered order for the K 3 III Silver Special Edition:

QuoteQuote:
Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not providing us with an ETA of when to expect this item.
At this point, the order is open and will ship as soon as it arrives.

This is a brand new model and it is in high demand. Currently, there is no official ETA from the manufacturer when we will receive our shipment.
They determine when we get each batch and how many we receive per batch.
Orders are fulfilled in the order we received them, on a first come first serve basis.
We are unable to determine your line placement nor can we estimate what batch your order may be fulfilled in.
I guess the good news is that they will get some

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-09-2021 at 07:03 AM.
04-09-2021, 07:22 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"High demand".....
04-10-2021, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #85
Pentaxian

Just pre-ordered a silver one (no grip) from B&H
Guess I'll get it when I get it.
04-11-2021, 07:31 AM - 2 Likes   #86
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

just got off the phone with Adorama customer service to find out about my " back ordered " purchase ( my earlier attempts had been through " chat " ) and good news

they confirmed that they had only received 7 orders for the Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Silver Premium Kit with D-BG8 Battery Grip so far

and they do expect to receive more than that number from Pentax.

so they say mine will be in the first shipment they get from Pentax

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-11-2021 at 10:03 AM.
04-12-2021, 03:43 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news
04-12-2021, 04:48 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
just got off the phone with Adorama customer service to find out about my " back ordered " purchase ( my earlier attempts had been through " chat " ) and good news

they confirmed that they had only received 7 orders for the Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Silver Premium Kit with D-BG8 Battery Grip so far
Hmmm... so let's wildly and inappropriately speculate based on tiny samples of data! Adorama got 7 orders for the silver Premium kit. Let's say that means they got 10 black Premium, 15 silver body only, and 20 black body only. That's 52 pre-orders at Adorama. B&H seems to be slightly more popular, so let's say 65 there. And let's also say that Amazon got a total of 50. That means out of roughly 330 million people in the US 167 have pre-ordered the K-3 III.

So we are truly the 0.00005 percent-ers.
04-12-2021, 05:02 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Ok... a thread to shout out "I just bought a K-3 III"

I just did... and .... hadn't planned to at this stage..... high ISO performance suckered me in.... present for my DFA 150-450.

Silver premium kit.... $2,634 aud inc 10% GST ($1986us).... 1 month wait.... this price is a 15% off for easter special in Australia.
Congratulations! We all look forward to your first impressions and feedback! Having watched now several YouTube videos by various pro photographers, they all agreed upon the hugely improved Auto-focus and the burst rate, together with the amazing OVF in terms of both size and brightness, comparing it to a FF camera such as the K-1.
04-12-2021, 05:31 AM   #90
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
. . . So we are truly the 0.00005 percent-ers.
Does that makes us the " Leader of the Pack "

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-12-2021 at 06:04 AM.