Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 123 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I think buying one makes you feel younger.... the excitement, reckless abandonment of more responsible financial things and the slight selfishness all points toward youth.

Unfortunately, having committed to a K3III.... there has been no youthfull improvement to either my waste or hair line. Possibly I need to buy a lens as well to get a benefit there.....
I do appreciate this line of thinking. Good luck to all of you waiting for K-3iii to be delivered. Hang in there.

04-15-2021, 11:33 PM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
A very very short time, in the scheme of things.
True, considering how long this has been in the works.

Hopefully I don't find out in a few weeks I was too low on the list and don't get one, then have to order the parts separately and wait again. Or I was low enough on the list I didn't get anything from the first shipment, and have to wait some more.
04-16-2021, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #108
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, having committed to a K3III.... there has been no youthfull improvement to either my waste or hair line. Possibly I need to buy a lens as well to get a benefit there.....
Don't get a fisheye lens then, as that does no good for waist or hair line.

But you're right, a lens is what would make the package complete. I'm hoping a silver DA*16-50/2.8 PML may follow soon to complement my expected mark III silver premium kit. But a regular black copy will do as well.

Wim

Last edited by Ishpuini; 04-16-2021 at 03:05 AM.
04-16-2021, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Looking forward to reports from users! You all need to start YouTube channels

04-16-2021, 03:38 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Haha... part of this appeals.... to share my experience to help others etc.... but to move from my "internalised reflective peaceful experience to something expressed in a logical externalised way (somewhat challenged at every turn) just doesn't seem.... well.... like .... retirement!

Personally.... I doubt I'll deliver any photos (to this forum) that say.... "wow.... K3III is the go over a KP, K3 etc. especially in a hard analytical way..... but I hope it does bring more pleasure to what I enjoy doing.

I do enjoy using a nice pair of binoculars.... love and appreciate good optics.... but I guess... when it comes down to it... lesser binoculars can do the job.
04-16-2021, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #111
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
hmm

not moi

that was an easy decision

04-16-2021, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #112
Loyal Site Supporter

Haha... part of this appeals.... to share my experience to help others etc.... but to move from my "internalised reflective peaceful experience to something expressed in a logical externalised way (somewhat challenged at every turn) just doesn't seem.... well.... like .... retirement!

Personally.... I doubt I'll deliver any photos (to this forum) that say.... "wow.... K3III is the go over a KP, K3 etc. especially in a hard analytical way..... but I hope it does bring more pleasure to what I enjoy doing.

I do enjoy using a nice pair of binoculars.... love and appreciate good optics.... but I guess... when it comes down to it... lesser binoculars can do the job.
That's the way I see it too, a more joyful shooting experience, one where I come home to enjoy a better keeper rate and some OMG moments at what I've been able to capture. As far as images alone I doubt very many of us will be able to tell whether a photo came from the original K-3 or the newest K3 III. All of the Pentax cameras from the last decade are capable of great photos, With this latest one I believe the difference will be in how many times I get a great one compared to how many times I used to miss an opportunity.

My photography for relaxation and pure enjoyment just as yours is. A few hundred dollars here and there is well worth the spend seeing as it's my only relatively expensive hobby. Heck I save way more than the price of a K3 III every year by not smoking, staying away from alcohol establishments, and rarely going to expensive restaurants. It helps that both my wife and I really involve ourselves in food prep and creative recipes and enjoy eating better food at home.

Compared to discretionary purchases I see my friend's making, my photography is a CHEAP hobby. A compelling new camera is a rare reward.

04-16-2021, 05:57 AM   #113
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
As far as images alone I doubt very many of us will be able to tell whether a photo came from the original K-3 or the newest K3 III.
Except for high iso photo's. The KP, K70, K1 and even K5 have better high iso performance than the K3 and K3 II.
04-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #114
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

frankly having pre-ordered the Silver Premium Special K 3 III

I have left it up to kismet whether I get one - only 1,000 made

and I don't expect to get another camera

[ famous last words, I know ]
04-16-2021, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #115
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Batman_ Quote
Except for high iso photo's. The KP, K70, K1 and even K5 have better high iso performance than the K3 and K3 II.
Mmm.... something like DXO deep prime noise reduction sorta makes them all quite amazing really.... inc K3's.

---------- Post added 16-04-21 at 10:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote

Compared to discretionary purchases I see my friend's making, my photography is a CHEAP hobby. A compelling new camera is a rare reward.
Yes we are much the same.

Anyway..... if ones partner gets a bit iffy on a camera purchase..... just take him/her to a boat show I say.

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-16-2021 at 06:24 AM.
04-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exactly. I do not know whether I will end up getting one. I feel the urge, but there are so many options out there at this price. I might even go one (or is it two?) stage further and move up to MF.
04-17-2021, 10:33 PM   #117
Forum Member

Mmm.... something like DXO deep prime noise reduction sorta makes them all quite amazing really.... inc K3's.
True but you (1) need the software; and (2) processing photo's on computer takes time.

Not everyone wants to spend time at the computer processing photo's.

Note: I do have an original K3 and love it. However, i also do have a KP and it's high iso performance is definitely a step above my K3.
04-17-2021, 11:14 PM   #118

I pre-ordered the K3-3 Silver Premium. I don't know what I will do it they don't have enough to go around. I do not want a silver camera now with a black grip later. I got burned on the silver KP when they said grips would be released later and then months later the grips were only black. I will probably wait 4 years for the price to halve like the KP did and pick one up and the very end of the life cycle and use another brand, or my KP, K3, K5-II, in the meantime.

I wish there was an accurate way to guesstimate how many were pre-ordered.
04-18-2021, 04:45 AM   #119
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by idontstairs Quote
. . . I wish there was an accurate way to guesstimate how many were pre-ordered.
a few of us wonder how to do that too
04-18-2021, 07:09 AM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by idontstairs Quote
I pre-ordered the K3-3 Silver Premium. I don't know what I will do it they don't have enough to go around. I do not want a silver camera now with a black grip later. I got burned on the silver KP when they said grips would be released later and then months later the grips were only black. I will probably wait 4 years for the price to halve like the KP did and pick one up and the very end of the life cycle and use another brand, or my KP, K3, K5-II, in the meantime.

I wish there was an accurate way to guesstimate how many were pre-ordered.
I actually just posted about that in the accessories forum. My OCD is kicking in on the grip, I’d assume you could have the grip silvered like the lens services I’ve seen.

JJ