Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2021, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Not at all. Viewfinder has no effect on taken picture, but the view of it before it's taken. Simply said, when I look thru the VF of my Pentax K1 with 50mm lens, the image viewed inside of the OVF "looks like"* if I look at the rear LCD display in live view with a ~75mm lens.

* "looks like", the ratio of distances perceived in the scene between foreground, mid-ground and background elements.
I think his comment was tongue-in-cheek

04-09-2021, 01:40 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I think his comment was tongue-in-cheek
In fact, I specifically used those two models because they are the ones I have at home
Biz said I was wrong when I wrote that the VF magnification doesn't affect the final photo.
04-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Why would it affect the photo?
The coverage would : 100% means the VF shows everything that will captured by the sensor.
If it doesn't show 100%, you'll get a bit of "surprise" on the final picture.
The magnification is only related to a big the image is, well, magnified in the VF.
04-15-2021, 11:14 AM - 2 Likes   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

might help explain :D

04-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Why would it affect the photo?
The coverage would : 100% means the VF shows everything that will captured by the sensor.
If it doesn't show 100%, you'll get a bit of "surprise" on the final picture.
The magnification is only related to a big the image is, well, magnified in the VF.
In the past, slides would be framed and loose 2% or what was it... never a 100.
04-16-2021, 04:29 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
In the past, slides would be framed and loose 2% or what was it... never a 100.
That's a different problem and completely independent of the camera system.
04-16-2021, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
That's a different problem and completely independent of the camera system.
Indeed. Ah memories... I still remember pushing my slides around in their frame to "optimize" composition, and later applying the same subtle cropping to my 6MP *ist DS files. I was a cropping purist in those days, but found such a subtle crop acceptable only because of that legacy. Ah, the arrogance of youth...

Wim

04-16-2021, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Indeed. Ah memories... I still remember pushing my slides around in their frame to "optimize" composition, and later applying the same subtle cropping to my 6MP *ist DS files. I was a cropping purist in those days, but found such a subtle crop acceptable only because of that legacy. Ah, the arrogance of youth...

Wim
Same memories here... I've heard that 6x6 slide projections still beat anything - been tempted to buy a 6x6 projector - but the memories of slide evenings with family have put it off for the moment.